Feeling gaslighted by current events/news...

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2017, 4:35 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
So so many different narratives going on, I mean I certainly maintain I identify as being liberal politically...but for f**ks sake what is going on, that is how I feel. One source says this, another says that and its hard to know what source to trust, which is bullcrap and which is just some sort of troll news with people just wanting to have a go at the public.

Does anyone else find this frusterating?

I don't get it. You seem like a bright person. Why not just think for yourself then none of this would matter?
it seems like you want to depend on a source to dictate what is safe for you to think, rather than determining for yourself what the truth is and means to you.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2017, 7:30 pm

TheSpectrum wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
So so many different narratives going on, I mean I certainly maintain I identify as being liberal politically...but for f**ks sake what is going on, that is how I feel. One source says this, another says that and its hard to know what source to trust, which is bullcrap and which is just some sort of troll news with people just wanting to have a go at the public.

Does anyone else find this frusterating?

I don't get it. You seem like a bright person. Why not just think for yourself then none of this would matter?
it seems like you want to depend on a source to dictate what is safe for you to think, rather than determining for yourself what the truth is and means to you.

Even while thinking for himself someone must have the right facts and informations to reach the good conclusions, if not his vision of the world is distorted and may lead him to be wrong on many things. If Poland is attacking Germany, Germany should go to war to defend itself, right? Unless it's a lie spread by the Fuhrer through fabricated stories and "facts" to convince the population to go to war (Like it was the case), then another conclusion should be reached.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2017, 2:51 pm

Even if you can think for yourself, you may not be able to keep up with all the commotion, which is a significant aspect of being Gaslighted.

looniverse
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Feb 2017, 3:56 pm

nurseangela wrote:
That's why Trump is saying it's fake news. That's also why I like that Trump tweets so there isn't a middleman to twists his words.

They're twisted enough as it is without the assistance of others