Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Sigbold
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2017, 8:51 am

Adamantium wrote:

That Traditionalist Blog linked to in the Times story had this note on Bannon:

Mr. Sedgwick is not a Traditionalist himself, he writes about the school of thought. Just to clarify for people who might do not know him, and only read the title of his blog.

Quote:
Quote:
Bannon argued that many of Vladimir Putin's views were underpinned by Eurasianism, and noted "he’s got an adviser who harkens back to Julius Evola and different writers of the early 20th century who are really the supporters of what’s called the traditionalist movement." This adviser could hardly be anyone but Dugin. "We the Judeo-Christian West," continued Bannon, "really have to look at what he [Putin]’s talking about as far as traditionalism goes — particularly the sense of where it supports the underpinnings of nationalism."

Except that Dugin is not one of Putin's advisers as far as I know, at most indirectly. And was fired from his position at the university of Moscow. But talking about Dugin, I had come across this video last year and it seems that according to Dugin it would not matter if Trump or Hillary had won the elections since the outcome would be the same for Russia (and the world) in the end :

Now, I do not know Russian. So I can not attempt to find out if he said something similar/different in Russian.