Are you employed full or part time?
Yes 59%  59%  [ 33 ]
No 41%  41%  [ 23 ]
Total votes : 56

KevinLA
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2017, 4:07 pm

I was curious what percentage of people on this board are employed either full or part time.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

12 Feb 2017, 7:25 pm

I am employed full time. I began working before I knew about Asperger's and that I had it.

JohnnyLurg
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Feb 2017, 10:14 pm

I am employed full time as an admin for a software company.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2017, 10:26 pm

I am retired and a voluntary worker. In your two choice poll, I don't know if that counts.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2017, 1:11 am

I work part time. I used to work close to full time and then full time in the past.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2017, 2:01 am

I am officially retired now. I worked full time jobs for about six years total, and had two or three more years of self employment with a store front, but was mostly self-employed. Sometimes at a frantic pace, but usually part-time, and sometimes more as a contract employee.

ArielsSong
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2017, 2:14 am

Currently self-employed, working part time hours. But I also have an interview coming up for a work from home job. The plan is to do three different types of work, all alongside one another to diversify my income, if I get through the interview.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2017, 2:20 am

i was employed from late july last year to early december. i was a dishwasher at a beer garden downtown. made $11/hr. i left to go globetrotting, i gave my two weeks notice, unlike all the others who left apparently, and left gracefully and on good terms. not that i'd want to go back there, i'm grateful for the work experience, skills gained and connections made, but not so much for the scars it left on my fingertips.

my ASD was not a problem there. i hardly, if ever, interacted with others in the dish pit besides the line cooks i quickly got familiar with, in fact it might have been an asset. having autism is most certainly not a negative all the time, in being able to keep a job. compared to the other dishwashers who quickly left or were fired due to temper and dissatisfaction, my relative calmness and invented "dish zen" helped me stay longer than anyone else in my position, there.

the sinks were my dojo......

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

liveandrew
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Feb 2017, 5:27 am

Yes, although I've had over 20 jobs and have been made redundant 6 timers in a row. I'm a bit of an AS cliché as I'm a software tester :)

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 46 of 200

Listener of all things noisy, viewer of all things bloody, writer of all things sh*t.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2017, 6:24 am

I've been working for 36 1/2 years on the same clerical job.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2017, 7:22 am

I've worked a few short-term jobs at various points in my life, but I'm unemployed as of now.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2017, 7:29 am

I'm on disability. I'm honestly not sure what I *could* do for a living that wouldn't drive me to the point of insanity.

Hippygoth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Feb 2017, 1:54 pm

Part-time, but for very few hours a week. It's the first job I've ever been able to hold down for more than a few months.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2017, 2:06 pm

I used to work a variety of part-time jobs in retail and food service. I now work from home and I like it so much more.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2017, 2:26 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
i was employed from late july last year to early december. i was a dishwasher at a beer garden downtown. made $11/hr. i left to go globetrotting, i gave my two weeks notice, unlike all the others who left apparently, and left gracefully and on good terms. not that i'd want to go back there, i'm grateful for the work experience, skills gained and connections made, but not so much for the scars it left on my fingertips.

my ASD was not a problem there. i hardly, if ever, interacted with others in the dish pit besides the line cooks i quickly got familiar with, in fact it might have been an asset. having autism is most certainly not a negative all the time, in being able to keep a job. compared to the other dishwashers who quickly left or were fired due to temper and dissatisfaction, my relative calmness and invented "dish zen" helped me stay longer than anyone else in my position, there.

You might like reading "Job" by Robert Heinlein I think the title is Biblical more than professional, but our hero supports himself and his wife by dishwashing in many alternative worlds.

I have a friend who has set up many "Nickel Generators" for himself - papers that sell a few a month, rare items on Ebay, etc, and they provide a reliable support overall. My ex used to buy stuff at close-out garage sales and fix it up a bit for a handsome profit. The other half of making a living is living cheaply. I fix free appliances and other things, and never have to buy new.

sonicallysensitive
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Feb 2017, 2:43 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:

I have a sinking feeling with this post...

What will you dish out next...

Your post is awash with detail...

:ninja: