Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

californiaboy9
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Feb 2017, 4:45 pm

Hello folks,

I am, californiaboy, now of course that isn't my real name, but I prefer to be anonymous on these forums. I am twenty-two years old and from California. My passion in the world are the social sciences, mainly history and political science. I suffer from mild Aspergers syndrome which comes and goes. I'm not exactly the most socially graceful person out there, and have been known to be somewhat annoying. I just abandoned my low wage job as a part time, less than 10 hours a week, dishwasher. It was horrible. Couldn't get into it. I've done everything with regards to finding a decent job, but I can't. I can't even get hired as a full time houseman or porter. I plan on returning to school, but I also want to move out and be independent.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2017, 5:02 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2017, 3:20 am

hey.

welcome to WP, from another californian.

and another former dishwasher...who at the end of his tenure, also worked less than 10 hours a week... :jester:

it wasn't the worst thing in the world, but i really wanted to go globetrotting.

hope you find a good occupation for yourself, soon.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

californiaboy9
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Feb 2017, 12:20 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
hey.

welcome to WP, from another californian.

and another former dishwasher...who at the end of his tenure, also worked less than 10 hours a week... :jester:

it wasn't the worst thing in the world, but i really wanted to go globetrotting.

hope you find a good occupation for yourself, soon.

Thanks for replying, what is globetrotting? And yeah, I'd rather be a janitor cleaning locker rooms again than be a dishwasher. I just kept getting sick too much while dishwashing. I can't risk that anymore.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2017, 12:26 am

globetrotting = traveling the world.

though in my case, i didn't really leave south central europe, outside the day i spent in istanbul. :P

i got sick quite a few times dishwashing too...rummaging through bus tubs stacked a mile high, with half eaten hamburgers, mussel shells and various sauces floating around the bottom like a disgusting sludge...i don't miss that sight. i don't know how they tolerated me being there on my sick days, when i blew my nose once every 10 seconds.

only took about 2 sick days.

but hey, you were a janitor? interesting. how did you get that job?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

californiaboy9
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Feb 2017, 2:09 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
globetrotting = traveling the world.

though in my case, i didn't really leave south central europe, outside the day i spent in istanbul. :P

i got sick quite a few times dishwashing too...rummaging through bus tubs stacked a mile high, with half eaten hamburgers, mussel shells and various sauces floating around the bottom like a disgusting sludge...i don't miss that sight. i don't know how they tolerated me being there on my sick days, when i blew my nose once every 10 seconds.

only took about 2 sick days.

but hey, you were a janitor? interesting. how did you get that job?

I have no idea how they would tolerate that either. And I definitely know the feeling of seeing that stuff. But I have been having other things go awry with me. I'm going to the hospital to be tested for other illnesses.

I became a janitor because my friend got me to replace him so he could go off into college. I took the job and I eventually got used to it. It was actually fun sometimes, but boring about 90 percent of the time. I then went into McDonalds which I hated, then I had a job working a cafe which I hated, and now dishwashing which I hated. The reason why I hate these jobs is because I never made any money doing them or I was yelled at all the time. It was vicious and I wanted out of the kitchen entirely. I'm planning on finding another custodial job, but I worry about my health.

And that's great that you like traveling. I do too. I have been out of state many times, but I never traveled out side of the pacific northwest/california. I've been to Oregon, Calif, Montana, Washington and Idaho. Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Salem, Eugene, Yreka, Redding, Sandpoint, etc etc. I can't wait to leave this country and explore the world. My grandpa by my age had already been to other countries. He bought his first gun in Cuba and was trained as a diver in the Dominican republic. Come to think of it my grandpa still owns that rifle he bought in Cuba. Eventually he became a Naval officer and went all around the world. Probably saw over 100 countries all seven continents before the age of 25.