Page 4 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2017, 1:32 am

i was on xanax (alprazolam) for a couple months about this time last year, to calm down my mental and physical acute anxiety symptoms that flared up after i got some debris stuck in my eye for two days, and i feared i'd lose (half) my eyesight.

NOT A NICE PROSPECT, AS AN ARTIST.

the prescription was short term and i gradually weaned myself off of it. while i did feel excellent under their spell, i feared i would become hooked and i did surprise myself a little bit by my lack of any obvious withdrawal symptoms.

omeprazole, sporadically later that year. they were prescribed for my burping problems, but they helped very little and when weighing the effort it took, remembering to take them every day and their lack of any real benefit, i stopped taking them

those were the only two prescriptions i've ever been on....ever. that i can recall

i just don't need to be medicated, i guess.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2017, 2:22 am

None. I need to get in the habit of taking more vitamins and an aspirin everyday and to drink more water.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2017, 6:23 am

I have been taking dexamphetamine since 2004 for ADHD. I don't really take anything for autism as such. I take haloperidol for tics and benztropine to counteract the Parkinson's effects of the haloperidol. Fun times. I also take moclobemide (a reversible MAOI, the best antidepressant I have taken) and lithium for depression. I used to take quetiapine (Seroquel) to settle me at night but after I gained 30kgs I stopped taking it. I haven't lost any weight since either, I think the lithium has something to do with that.

I have an appointment with my psych in a few months, hoping to find a replacement for haloperidol as I think it's blocking the effects of the dexamphetamine which I need very much for driving and going to college.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2017, 9:49 am

Today I saw my doctor and I was also prescribed Risperdal(Risperidone) 1mg (half pill in the morning half in the night), for irritability and recently way too often meltdowns.
Will get my hands on my pills on Tuesday as my local pharmacy needed to order them and there's a public holiday on Monday. I've been out of even my regular antidepressant for over a week now and it has been hell of a time. Will see how it will go after Tuesday...

bunnyb
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2017, 9:59 pm

I don't take meds because I have really severe side effects. Fluoxetine makes me extremely suicidal after a few days. A Psychiatrist I saw told me I was being ridiculous, it wouldn't have that effect because it only happens to people under 25. She put me on it again and guess what? I became stupidly suicidal after 5 days. Propranolol destroys me. I can't think, have an overwhelming sense of doom and can't stop crying. Seroquel gives me akathesia and hand tremors so bad I cannot hold a cup, even with both hand, without spilling it everywhere. Mirtazapine stops me being able to produce saliva and i have serious night terrors where I'm at risk of getting hurt because I leap out of bed to try and run away. Even though I'm awake, the nightmare does not stop for a few minutes. The list of rare and distressing side effects I've had is long and Dr's always say to me how rare they are. One Dr sent me for a DNA test to try and find why I have so much trouble with drugs and we now know I have genetic variant of the CYP2D6 gene so I don't metabolize a lot of drugs properly and methylation defect too.

So now I treat myself. I take SAM-e because it's a meythl donor and it sorted my depression really quickly. So quick in fact that I didn't believe it could be the reason so I stopped for a few days and ended up in heap so now I'm never going to stop again. It works for me. I also take N Acyetylcystine, L-Dopa, Green Tea extract which potentiates the Green Tea, Methylcobalamin which is a type of B12 but has an added methyl group, and folate.

It seems to be working for :D

SlackinSteven
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 May 2017, 10:32 pm

Right now the only prescription I take is Wellbutrin sr150mg 2x daily and I've been on this for about three years. The only negative is that I have had two seizures while take wellbutrin but for positives I no longer think about suicide every day, the meds don't make me happy as much as they give me the ability to be happy.
These little purple pills I take everyday have changed my life in a way I never knew possible, I wake up most morning happy and motivated and excited about where my life is at right now.
I still have issues that need to be dealt with like anxiety, stress, I just got my autism diagnosis I have one more appointment with the doctor to talk about a more complete treatment plan