I really want to make a difference

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Smart blondie28
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Feb 2017, 8:30 am

I want to help homeless, abandoned animals and people. Watching advertisements on blinde people, guard dogs, abandoned animals brings so much emotion.

It makes me feel selfish and how amazing people,animals are.

How can regular people complain about pointless things. When they are things like these going on in the world. You have pointless celebrities making money for nothing, going on CBB. Makes me sick.

Anyways are they any organisations, charity's that I can support and make a difference?

Wish my career was in something were I'm helping, supporting but would love to do this outside.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2017, 9:17 am

You can get a job with a charity you really support, just google for some charities of what you support the most. You can have a proper career in charity work. You may need to speak to some professional advisors so they can set you on the right track though. I imagine you'd be of more use in a cancer charity, especially if you wanted to work full time and earn an income doing it. If not that then being a social worker is a pretty rewarding job apparently. There are a few things like that, have a google and see what you'd like.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2017, 9:21 am

Is there an animal shelter nearby where you can do volunteer work?

Luna035
Raven
Raven

16 Feb 2017, 11:14 am

Use paper instead of plastic. Making a difference... one bag at a time.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2017, 5:03 pm

In this economy, it isn't easy to help one creature without hurting another. It is easy to buy a bag of dog food, but very hard to find one that was not gleaned at the expense of even more food for wild animals. The best way to do a lot of good is to promote sustainable lifestyles. "Live simply so that others can simply live."

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2017, 7:01 pm

Have you considered donating blood at a Red Cross in your area, if there is one?

I've been donating blood since I was 18 and after the fact, I always feel great knowing that I did something good without people in need knowing I helped them. I don't want to be called a hero because I don't want to see myself as a hero.