What does a meltdown look like in an adult woman?

Page 5 of 5 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2017, 10:16 pm

LaetiBlabla wrote:
I have noticed that it happens to me much more frequently when I am not rested enough.

The problem is that i sometimes do not realize that i am tired...

I cry and can't stop it and start breathing very fast and jerkily, feeling very much confused, sometimes i fall and sit on the floor. If people come and ask me to speak, i may start yelling and it is getting worse.

when I start crying:
- I try to quickly find a lonely place
- force myself to breathe very slow, or if worse, I stop breathing for 30 seconds, several times, this helps a lot
- shut down the lights
- sleep if I can

I think that sleeping good and enough is really the key. You too?

Very true. Motherhood makes this impossible, personally

inkgirl
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Jul 2019, 11:53 pm

Well, that sounds familiar! My meltdowns tend to be crying fits. When I was little I was a lot more violent when I had meltdowns. I would throw things and scream and generally cause quite a scene. But now that I know how to bottle up my emotions my meltdowns are usually very unexpected fits of tears and crying and me babbling insensibly. I tend to have more shutdowns than meltdowns nowadays, I think, probably since I keep my emotions inside more often than not.

Jakki
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Oct 2019, 10:02 pm

Too hard to explain usually much more tired than think when things start going wrong ,
Usually by outward appearances i freeze . Wait to feel impacts on my body .or worse. :(

Quote:
whereever you go ,there you are