Post GOP Debate coverage "Fox News Style". . .

Page 1 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

TheResistance
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 May 2007, 2:18 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8oO_OD3PtI[/youtube] Post GOP Debate coverage "Fox News Style" - Ron Paul. I love the those visual effects priceless! :P LOL http://www.ronpaul2008.com/ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Paul

JonnyBGoode
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 2:39 pm

That was really stupid.

It's funny how people criticize Fox for being biased... and then make absurd chop-ups like this, viciously mocking the commentators and debators.

Damn, sucks when bias cuts both ways.

(Oh wait, I forgot - liberal bias is more fair than conservative bias. :roll:)

Not to mention that this was a telephone text message poll. NON-scientific. Anyone - liberal/conservative/libertarian/whatever - could txt message in, as often as they liked, and skew the results.

And obviously did.

I had never even heard of Ron Paul before today, and I won't vote for Ron Paul now, even if he walked on water. Because obviously his supporters are hate-mongering nutjobs.

(To me, it was surprising how Mitt Romney still had such a strong percentage.)

18:33. Press 'Return'

jimservo
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 3:00 pm

With all the criticism that Fox gets, I must take this opportunity to praise Fox for the debate itself. The debate was much more substantive, and less biased then the MSNBC debate. Also, the moderators, when all the candidates wanted to pounce on Ron Paul, prevented them from doing so, which I thought was very proper, despite the fact I don't care for Paul at all.

Last edited by jimservo on 17 May 2007, 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 3:50 pm

I think that the assessment of Ron Paul as being an unlikely winner is probably somewhat true. Ron Paul is not a typical republican, he does not fall in line with the GOP views to a good extent, and it is unusual for a candidate of his nature to end up being so popular. I will admit as well that I am not a supporter of Ron Paul either, I am not sure if I agree with his economic views as even though he has the right direction on some things I simply think he is too influenced by Austrian economic ideas, which I do not view as right in some things I do not see as right in all things.

JonnyBGoode wrote:
It's funny how people criticize Fox for being biased... and then make absurd chop-ups like this, viciously mocking the commentators and debators.

Damn, sucks when bias cuts both ways.

Not really. Fox is a news source, it is expected to give somewhat of an objective view on facts. You-tube chop-ups are not held to that standard. To claim that nobody should be able to create a chop-up is also ridiculous so really there does not seem to be a problem.

Quote:
Not to mention that this was a telephone text message poll. NON-scientific. Anyone - liberal/conservative/libertarian/whatever - could txt message in, as often as they liked, and skew the results.

And obviously did.

Well, it was the libertarians. Ron Paul is a libertarian ideologically, he actually once was a former libertarian presidential candidate and he is known by most people who agree with libertarian ideas. The major problem is that there is no reason to believe that libertarians are the strongest part of the Republican party given the undue attention that has been shown to religious right-wingers.

Quote:
I had never even heard of Ron Paul before today, and I won't vote for Ron Paul now, even if he walked on water. Because obviously his supporters are hate-mongering nutjobs.

There are good reasons to not vote for somebody and there are bad reasons. You found a bad reason. A good reason is to dislike a person on issues of their personal integrity or political position, a bad reason is to claim that because one person angered you who supported this guy, that must mean that he is bad. It obviously doesn't follow because all politicians have idiotic supporters alongside their smart supporters. This is not to say that the OP is an idiot either, but rather just that he came across that way to you.

TheResistance
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 May 2007, 4:22 pm

Action Alert: Keep Ron Paul In The Debate
Neo-Con Republican Elite Seek To Silence Ron Paul
Sign the petition http://www.petitiononline.com/r0npau1/petition.html Call the RNC now at 1-202-863-8500 - jam their phone lines and let them know that we will not tolerate any effort on behalf of any faction within the GOP to silence Ron Paul or kill the electoral process!

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 4:49 pm

jimservo wrote:
With all the criticism that Fox gets, I must take this opportunity to praise Fox for the debate itself. The debate was much more substantive, and less biased then the MSNBC debate. Also, the moderators, when all the candidates wanted to pounce on Ron Paul, prevented them from doing so, which I thought was very proper, despite the fact I don't care for Paul at all.

ghouliani was the only one looking to "pounce" on paul because ghouliani is running on the "i was mayor on 9-11" platform.

just make sure to never go to campaign headquarters in nyc.....it reeks of the decay of the 3000+ dead bodies he's built his platform on.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 4:57 pm

a re-creation of ghouliani's part of the debate.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlqiYeET0TY[/youtube]

TheResistance
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 May 2007, 5:28 pm

Awesomelyglorious Thanks you. Originally my family came from Russia, so my English grammar is still not all that great. It makes it kind of hard for me to reply to verbal diarrhea. there's a reason why people never heard of Ron Paul before the news media is biased plain and simple

Last edited by TheResistance on 17 May 2007, 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheResistance
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 May 2007, 5:31 pm

skafather84 wrote:
a re-creation of ghouliani's part of the debate.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlqiYeET0TY[/youtube]
HAHA! That was Really funny and sooo true at the same time.

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 6:05 pm

I've liked Ron Paul since I've heard of him, since he seems unafraid to challenge the rest of his party. I thought he hadn't a ghost of a chance as a libertarian in the Republican Party, but here he is placing second in a poll on Fox News!

A lot of the edits in that video I find a bit dubious, and I'm kind of annoyed by text commentary. I don't really find it mysterious that Romney made a sudden jump ahead, and you can't blame some of the commentators - how many of them probably even heard of Paul until now? :)

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 6:13 pm

DejaQ wrote:
I've liked Ron Paul since I've heard of him, since he seems unafraid to challenge the rest of his party. I thought he hadn't a ghost of a chance as a libertarian in the Republican Party, but here he is placing second in a poll on Fox News!

A lot of the edits in that video I find a bit dubious, and I'm kind of annoyed by text commentary. I don't really find it mysterious that Romney made a sudden jump ahead, and you can't blame some of the commentators - how many of them probably even heard of Paul until now? :)

much of the mainstream media has been attacking paul for daring to say the truth in face of the denial nature of most neo-conservatives.

TheResistance
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 May 2007, 7:38 pm

DejaQ wrote:

Yes he is a refreshing candidate. I've only known about him for like a couple years now, until then I was thinking about not voting and just staying home. I hope he has a chance running against that ball crusher Hillary. People should not vote for her just because she said ALL this time that she had NO! interest in running for Presidency, and I don't care if people say all politician lie that doesn't give them a excuse to put up with it. And this is becoming too ridiculous I feel like Im living in a bush Clinton monarch, what's next are the bush twins planing on running against Chelsea Clinton or better yet the Clintons dead pet Socks. Did you know that John Kerry is distantly related to four U.S. Presidents, including George W. Bush! Its like a family affair. Oh and the video should be taken as a form of satire.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 7:41 pm

actually jeb bush is considering running next.

and yes, we are in a monarchy. :(

TheResistance
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 May 2007, 7:49 pm

skafather84 wrote:
actually jeb bush is considering running next.

and yes, we are in a monarchy. :(
NO! are you joking? is Jeb Bush actually considering on running for Presidency. It wouldn't surprise me tho :(

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 8:05 pm

TheResistance wrote:
DejaQ wrote:

Yes he is a refreshing candidate. I've only known about him for like a couple years now, until then I was thinking about not voting and just staying home. I hope he has a chance running against that ball crusher Hillary. People should not vote for her just because she said ALL this time that she had NO! interest in running for Presidency, and I don't care if people say all politician lie that doesn't give them a excuse to put up with it. And this is becoming too ridiculous I feel like Im living in a bush Clinton monarch, what's next are the bush twins planing on running against Chelsea Clinton or better yet the Clintons dead pet Socks. Did you know that John Kerry is distantly related to four U.S. Presidents, including George W. Bush! Its like a family affair. Oh and the video should be taken as a form of satire.

the thing is that most of the presidents who are elected are rich and are old money.

here's some good satire....and honestly i'm surprised he's not dead yet.

[GVideo]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-869183917758574879&q=stephen+colbert+white+house[/GVideo]

funny thing is the mainstream media attacked him for that presentation and said it was disrespectful and what not....look up some of the media that surrounded it.

and now the same mainstream media is attacking ron paul. people who dare challenge the status quo get crucified by the media. just look at howard dean....they pounced all over the yell incident and focused on his stance on gay marriage despite him having an impressive record with managing funds and being relatively conservative fiscally.

TheResistance
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 May 2007, 8:21 pm

I love Stephen Colbert. He seemed kind of nervous/sweaty making that speech I would be too lol. I especially love him in the sitcom strangers with candy. Colbert Knows Why Pro-Torture Responses Got Loud Applause at GOP Debate

Crooks And Liars
Friday May 18, 2007

Colbert adds his two cents in as to why the GOP candidates' answers on torture were so warmly received and slams McCain for being soft on "enhanced interrogation techniques." http://www.comedycentral.com/motherload/?ml_video=87158

Last edited by TheResistance on 18 May 2007, 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.