Page 7 of 7 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

JonWood007
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Apr 2019, 12:36 pm

Nope. Fully childfree. Nothing about parenthood is appealing to me. Would put tons of stress on me and take me away from my interests.

RDOS: NT- 93, ND- 119

Tirips
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 May 2019, 8:53 pm

Biologically - No, I would feel guilty knowing that alot of my traits / illnesses from my father's side of the family would more than likely be passed on. And knowing what I go through on a daily basis I wouldn't want my children to go through the same if not worse.

Adopt - Yes, but if only I can get myself better to care for them

If I don't adopt - I would try to volunteer or contribute to those in need

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

07 May 2019, 8:54 pm

nick007 wrote:
I do not want kids because I never even liked kids when I was a kid. Me & my girlfriend both have aLOT of disabilities & we can barely take care of ourselves with lots of help from the government so I really do NOT feel we are capable of taking care of a kid.
I should add that I felt like a parent at times with both my exes cuz they were a lot younger than me & I also kinda do with my current girlfriend even thou we're the same age cuz of her issues but I'm sure she feels like a parent to me sometimes too. Feeling like a parent at times is actually kinda my ideal romantic relationship but this is the closest I wanna get to actually having kids. I think I would rather be sorta a mentor to tweens or preteens than have any of my own kids like join the big brother program. At this point in my life I would rather not be involved with kids at all thou. My girlfriend wants kids. She worked with little kids volunteering at the library & at bible study but she knows she cant handle having any of her own at this point in her life cuz of her issues. Things could change for her but she would much rather have me & no kids than not have me.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

wrybread
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 May 2019, 8:29 pm

For most of my life, nope. I always felt there was something “wrong” with me and from my experience with my parents I didn’t see how I could raise a child that wouldn’t feel miserable. I just didn’t want to raise a child that would suffer the way I did.

Theoretically, I told myself “zero or four.” If I were to have kids, I would want at least four so they could commiserate with one another over their childhoods. But then I told myself I had to do this with the most understanding man that ever lived.

...and for a very brief period of time I thought I found that man.

But, yeah, 40 years old now, single and childless. I’m not happy or sad about it. It’s just how things turned out.