Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

lazyflower
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Feb 2017, 4:22 pm

What's your opinion on travelling, holidays or trips? Do you like them or do you dislike them? Are they easy for you, or are they difficult for you and require a lot?

For me, I really dislike the practical stuff. Probably because my daily routines feel most comfortable. I hate the unknown. I dislike the actual travelling by plane, train, etc. Not too big a fan of sleeping somewhere other than home either and using public restrooms for some reason. But what bothers me the most is probably how busy it is. You experience so much and there's often loads of people at the touristy places. Really tires me out. Other than these negative aspects, I still like seeing new and different places from what I'm used to. It's also nice to have memories to look back on.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2017, 7:24 pm

I like travelling. It's a pain in the butt to travel by plane, though.

I'd rather drive a few hours than take a plane one hour, for example.

Though I'm not really scared of flying.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2017, 7:27 pm

A nice bed and breakfast inn way out in the countryside is the way to go. 8)

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2017, 7:30 pm

I love travelling, especially going to obscure music festivals around Europe. I think Slovenia is my favorite, that or M'era Luna in Germany. Thailand is great too, you can buy lots of cheap silver over there and then sell it for a lot back home and basically pay off your travel fees, same with some other stuff.

burnt_orange
Toucan
Toucan

21 Feb 2017, 8:19 pm

I enjoy traveling by car or subway. Airplanes for long flights are absolutely the worst. And they, along with buses and such are a pain to arrange, arrive on time, etc etc.

I do like seeing different places, weird sights like on rt 66, museums, and vegetarian restaurants. A good road trip can be an excellent bonding experience.

GoblinCandy
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Feb 2017, 8:21 pm

Sometimes . . . it depends mostly on the destination. What I'm into is exploring places that differ significantly, in more than one way, from where I live. I'll travel to places that don't differ so much from here, but only if it involves meeting up with someone.

While I'll always experience a degree of anxiety when taking a trip, it sometimes can be worth it. I just sort of hate it when not everything is on my own terms. That, however, sometimes that can't be helped. When it can't be helped, I like to be prepared well ahead of time for the excursions I'll be undergoing as too many unexpected surprises can leave me feeling anxious.

Mr_Miner
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Feb 2017, 8:44 pm

Lunella wrote:
I love travelling, especially going to obscure music festivals around Europe. I think Slovenia is my favorite, that or M'era Luna in Germany. Thailand is great too, you can buy lots of cheap silver over there and then sell it for a lot back home and basically pay off your travel fees, same with some other stuff.

I am jealous. Europe has lots cool festivals. I also think music is worth it to break out of my routine. Besides that I usualy stay home.

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2017, 9:12 pm

I dislike checking in and out of hotels and feeling rushed. As long as I'm staying for at least a few days, I can relax, and I love it. I actually love cities, including all the noises and smells, but also the relative anonymity. I wish I lived in a city again and not in suburban sprawl, which I can't stand. It does seem kind of strange to love cities so much when at home I put in earplugs for the coffee grinder... :scratch:

Hippygoth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Feb 2017, 5:54 am

When I was a kid we went on holiday for a week every year, to a Scottish island or another remote location in the Highlands. That was great, I felt safe with my parents and the places we went were quiet.

Now, I'd love to do it again but I would need a parent or someone else more capable than I am to come with me.

I dream of traveling abroad but I think if it became a reality I wouldn't cope because of my anxiety.

Muziek
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Feb 2017, 6:52 am

Yes, I like to travel to a holiday destination very much. I really excperience it as a big/necessary part of a vacation. I like trains, but I totally like to travel by airoplane, enjoying the technoligy, meditating in my seat while striking at a fast speed through the sky, amazing!

As a musical term for sure, "the '80s" imply the late '70s and early '90s. You can think of them as tapers of this golden decade.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2017, 8:45 am

I neither like or dislike traveling. It's just a means to an end. When we went on holiday when I was a kid, I liked traveling by boat and plane (still enjoy that a lot) but the destination was usually just okay. When I went on vacation in my adult life to NYC, I enjoyed it very much as it was all about planes, interesting places and cheap books. It's by far the best vacation I've gone on so far.
But I don't see any point in traveling just to be traveling. A road trip as a vacation is not an idea I would come up with.
There are places i would love to go because there is something I wanna do there. Our first time in NYC, the main goal for me at least was the plane ride (Concorde!). I also dream of volunteering to help turtles in a turtle hospital, patrol turtle beaches for new nests, and visit two specific wolf parks.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2017, 8:47 am

Yep...you can easily get cheap books in NYC.

You can also get them in the UK, too....at charity sorts of places.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2017, 9:03 am

I love it. I don't really like car or plane rides that are too long. But otherwise it's fun. For some reason I'm able to break from my routine without stressing when travelling. Maybe that's one reason I like it so much.

The Unleasher
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2017, 9:32 am

I like travelling with my father, I dislike travelling with my mother. My father lets us do whatever, my brother and I practically plan the trip. My mother is a huge control freak. Then she claims she needs time to relax and "we're ruining" her trip. It's her fault if she's stressed. Besides, she always goes to the most overrated places. My father thinks of unique places. I do care for my mother, but she's a hassle to travel with.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2017, 12:04 pm

The Unleasher wrote:
I like travelling with my father, I dislike travelling with my mother. My father lets us do whatever, my brother and I practically plan the trip. My mother is a huge control freak. Then she claims she needs time to relax and "we're ruining" her trip. It's her fault if she's stressed. Besides, she always goes to the most overrated places. My father thinks of unique places. I do care for my mother, but she's a hassle to travel with.

Wow we have the same parents lol

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2017, 12:41 pm

Kinda a Love hate relationship, I like traveling but I don't like leaving to travel.