Page 2 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Belushi87
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Feb 2017, 4:26 am

i've always enjoyed travelling and i wished i was able to afford to take trips on a regular basis. the longest i've gone between trips was 5 years.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 7:12 am

After leaving our family, my Aspie mom travelled for six months a year. She had mastered the basic chit-chat of strangers on the road, and liked to maintain many superficial friendships with old workmates. She knew to move on before people got too irritated with her, and didn't worry about why that happened when she hadn't.
I did a 2-month bicycle tour by myself, but mostly travelled to a few professional conferences. I was always too short of sleep to enjoy them. I eventually scheduled a leisurely return trip from one to enjoy the scenery, and my ex staged an emergency to spoil my plans. Then she gave me a sleep disorder which still runs my life. I have since lived in my car for two months while looking for a quiet home. Travelling itself is not too bad, and I somewhat enjoy driving, but I don't like having to deal with strangers, and can't eat in restaurants, so there's a lot of preparation needed. That can include car repairs, but at least I get away with a budget of $200 pa for parts and depreciation. Recently I started using a check list before trips for supplies, and that reduces the anxiety a lot.

Uncle
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 7:26 am

I like to travel somewhat. Not keen on plane rides or airports and will often sort out accommodation, travel to accommodation etc before arriving... When eating out i will often look for a restaurant that has least people, this can sometimes take a few hours! lol... Will always ask for the isle seat on the plane if i cant get an exit seat, hate to be jammed in and having to ask people to move so i can get up. Also having an isle seat allows me to take a trip to the back of the plane if sometimes get a little sensory overloaded... Am very quiet around groups of people and will observe. Will however try to get somewhat involved with local culture in one way or another as i find this easier than talking to groups/people from my own... Just places that are nice and quiet suit me better :)

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 9:34 am

I love travelling. Going for my first-ever solo trip abroad in about a month.

The_Dark_Citadel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Feb 2017, 12:32 pm

lazyflower wrote:
What's your opinion on travelling, holidays or trips? Do you like them or do you dislike them? Are they easy for you, or are they difficult for you and require a lot?

For me, I really dislike the practical stuff. Probably because my daily routines feel most comfortable. I hate the unknown. I dislike the actual travelling by plane, train, etc. Not too big a fan of sleeping somewhere other than home either and using public restrooms for some reason. But what bothers me the most is probably how busy it is. You experience so much and there's often loads of people at the touristy places. Really tires me out. Other than these negative aspects, I still like seeing new and different places from what I'm used to. It's also nice to have memories to look back on.

Everything you said. I loved Schloß Neuschwanstein, but ugh, all the people there. Like a million bees buzzing. Thought I was going to pull my skin off.

jmncrr000
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Feb 2017, 2:51 pm

I like the idea of exploring new places, but don't like being out of my comfort zone, and daily routines.

Evacony
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 May 2019, 8:18 am

Kidding? Without traveling my life is so awful. I am passionate about it, don't know why but exploring new places inspire me. Besides, I can completely relax only while traveling. So, traveling is my life. And don't afraid of being out of your comfort zone, it's not difficult, especially if you are using trip planning website

Last edited by B19 on 13 Nov 2019, 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.: spammer

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2019, 7:50 pm

I love travel when I
-am alone
-have packed light
-have plenty of money
-have no time constraints

breaks0
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 May 2019, 10:32 pm

This is a topic I LOVE to talk about even though I haven't done alot of it in my life not abroad anyway like I really want to. I haven't been outside the States in over 20 years and f**k have I missed it! Financially I'm totally not in a position to do it any time soon but I have a list of over 2 dozen countries I am dying to visit around the world and many others I'm interested in but not sure about whether I wanna actually go. I can relate to alot of the complains/problems/issues that people on the thread have mentioned and sure at times it can be taxing. But if I could afford it at least just remembering when I was in China about 20 years ago there was alot of places I just LOVED visiting and seeing and b/c I've only seen a part of the country there are alot of places I still wanna visit there. I do think I'd prefer to go w/someone rather than alone if it were possible b/c I'd rather share the experience. Hopefully I'll be able to start going down my wishlist in the years ahead.

Zakatar
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2019, 11:28 pm

As someone who studied geography at university, I love seeing and learning about places I've never previously been to (and tasting the local cuisine). I don't mind planes, but airports are the absolute worst when it comes to sensory issues. Especially de Gaulle in Paris when traveling with a non-EU passport, and getting randomly selected for additional security after getting through the French version of the TSA. I haven't been to that many places since I get anxiety when traveling (or going out in public in general) alone. I'm much more confident when I'm in a group, though the few friends I have aren't that big on long-distance travel.

#palestinianlivesmatter

foxant
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 May 2019, 5:16 am

Im about to do a bus travel of 6 to 7 hours to another city, and im so anxious. Mostly because the house im going theres some dogs bark, loud music at night and whistling. But i must go my house is being renovated for a week or two. I almost never leave my room and now that im about to go im anxious. The main reason are maybe babies crying on the bus, or people that use this ringtone here

and it keeps this distracting noise on the bus over and over again.

samsumg whistle is the main reason why traveling on bus is a nightmare to me, i hate it.

Special Interest: memes

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 9:43 am

I like travelling but it overwhelms me too at the same time.