Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 8:27 pm

Just not feeling like playing any game! I got Witcher 3 Black Friday and have restarted it over 4x's just not feeling the combat not a WRPG fan but some compare it to OoT or the pantheon of GREAT video games! I have games I haven't beaten since I just don't feel like gaming as I used too. :-(

Tons of Kindle books and don't feel like reading either!

I loved Galaxy one but can't get into Galaxy 2!

Yet in past years I remember beating LoU at 4AM GTA V at 3AM The memories of those will stick with me forever!! !

But no game has hooked me as past games have.

The feeling "Wow I beat it finally! That was a great game!" and you beat it feeling proud/good.

Can anyone relate??? :-(

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 11:13 pm

There was a time, yes, a bunch of years ago when I tended to stick to "major" games. Didnt buy new ones much, because interesting new releases were rare, and the ones I did play rarely got finished. It sure wasnt like the older games from previous eras, which could always keep me going.

Eventually I realized I was just getting completely fed up with that entire side of the industry. Every game wanted to be a freaking movie, every game was too easy, every game had this obsession with graphics, and blah blah blah... the same trends that, since then, have gotten very dramatically worse (to the point where now I dont even pay attention to that side of things, let alone bother to play them). I look at something like Witcher 3, and... I just dont care. It looks bloody boring. Same with so very, very many others.

The solution in my case wasnt to FIX any of that, because it couldnt be fixed. Those problems that were pushing me away werent, and arent, going away. So for me, the solution was.... to completely jump ship. Goodbye, AAA games, for the most part. Hell, goodbye console games, to a degree (the Wii U is the only recent console I use now, mostly for Mario Maker and Splatoon). Ended up getting into PC games, more specifically the indie scene. Started with things like, say, Binding of Isaac. And it just went on and on from there. Even moreso after Minecraft appeared, and everything exploded.

I went from buying games rarely, to buying WAY too frequently. Which is creating the Steam Backlog effect, ugh. But I sure get lots of awesome stuff out of it. And games actually do get finished now (some, many times, depending on which it is). Recently I even got started on writing reviews, even, which says something really.

But yeah, you're not the only one that's been fed up in recent times with the way that side of the industry is. The idea of another industry crash is one that's getting thrown around more and more now. The big publishers have gotten themselves stuck in a rut (dont expect to see them do much in the way of creative games now, because they LITERALLY CANT, it's too risky for them now) and the trends that are set are just getting more and more entrenched. And even the best graphics in the world just arent doing it for some people anymore (about bloody time) when they realize that the gameplay involved is stale and shallow. I'm just glad I got out of it. Screw that side of the industry. I still follow Nintendo, because they still just do their own thing instead of following everyone else, but other than that, I dont bother with that part of the industry anymore. Waste of time for me.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 3:45 am

No, I don't get burnt out on video games. Not too often anyway.

Dave_T
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Feb 2017, 4:43 am

No not really, wish I did, been playing anno 1404 for a good 6 weeks.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 144 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 66 of 200

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 7:39 am

Sounds like it could be a bit of depression when you're bored of everything.

I've had it myself, it's not fun. Usually though when I actually just start the game and play anyway then try to get into it I start to feel like wanting to carry on playing it. It doesn't always happen though but sometimes.

Try to go for a walk when it's sunny out, I find this helps a lot to improve my mood when I get like that.

If all else fails then maybe you're just getting bored of all that, I started going to the gym a while ago when I was like that and haven't really felt like playing games anymore so much even still, just wanting to do more stuff with my life than be sat in a room wasting time.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 5:46 pm

No, I don't get burned out on my games but I don't always want to play either. At times I really wanna play, other times I really want to read, and these two tend to take turns being my main hobby activity coupled with watching YouTube videos.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

crmoore
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2017, 1:23 pm

I can if I push myself too hard. One thing I like doing is modifying stats on sports games, like NBA 2K17, and then watching the cpu play fantasy matchups. (Much more interesting than the NBA today IMO) In recent years, I've managed to teach myself to limit myself and to not spend a whole Saturday working on stats. I'm still working at it every day, like most things. Thankfully, I have a large backlog of games so if push came to shove, I would force myself away from the stats and play Mario or something else non-sports related.