Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

flibbit
Raven
Raven

27 Feb 2017, 9:46 am

Hi, everyone. I'm a long time member here on WP, although I'm better known by my previous handle, "Sophist." I'm also a researcher who studies the autism spectrum and I'm really interested in delving further into certain medical conditions that may or may not be more common in women on the spectrum.

If you're a woman on the spectrum who's age 25 or over, or are a legal guardian of a woman who fits those criteria, I invite you to take this survey. Self-diagnosed women are invited to participate too! It should run approximately 10-20 minutes and will help researchers like me better understand the frequency of various medical conditions in women on the spectrum, as well as hopefully eventually leading to better treatments of those conditions.

If you're interested in reading more about it and possibly taking the survey, please follow the link below. (And feel free to PM me with any questions or ask them here.)

http://www.autismwomensstudy.com

Apologies in advance for any adult women on the spectrum who are interested in participating but who don't make the age cutoff. Some of the conditions I'm investigating aren't always recognized and diagnosed in very early adulthood, so I've had to implement a slightly higher age cutoff.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read more about this! :D

~Emily Casanova aka Sophist/flibbit...
Moderator note: this survey has been site approved.

Last edited by B19 on 27 Feb 2017, 11:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.: confirmation of approval granted.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2017, 12:22 pm

Done. Good luck.

flibbit
Raven
Raven

27 Feb 2017, 12:49 pm

Thanks very much! :)

As an aside, hopefully if and when the results of this study are published, I'll make sure to make the manuscript available on this thread, in case any of the participants are interested in reading about the results.

"There are surely other worlds than this -- other thoughts than the thoughts of the multitude -- other speculations than the speculations of the sophist. Who then shall call thy conduct into question? who blame thee for thy visionary hours, or denounce those occupations as the wasting away of life, which were but the overflowings of thine everlasting energies?" ~The Assignation, Edgar Allan Poe.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2017, 12:52 pm

Yeah it'd be interesting to see. :)

flibbit
Raven
Raven

27 Feb 2017, 12:56 pm

Will do. :mrgreen:

"There are surely other worlds than this -- other thoughts than the thoughts of the multitude -- other speculations than the speculations of the sophist. Who then shall call thy conduct into question? who blame thee for thy visionary hours, or denounce those occupations as the wasting away of life, which were but the overflowings of thine everlasting energies?" ~The Assignation, Edgar Allan Poe.

devin12
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Mar 2017, 7:42 am

flibbit wrote:
Thanks very much! :)

As an aside, hopefully if and when the results of this study are published, I'll make sure to make the manuscript available on this thread, in case any of the participants are interested in reading about the results.

I participated, I'm adding to this thread (writing this) right now so it's in my posts in case you can put the results of the study on this thread (so I don't lose track of the thread), thanks.

flibbit
Raven
Raven

05 Mar 2017, 10:32 am

Thanks! :)

We're getting some very interesting results so far, even with small numbers. I'm very hopeful this will end up being a good paper.

ArielsSong
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2017, 11:04 am

Done :)

flibbit
Raven
Raven

05 Mar 2017, 11:16 am

ArielsSong wrote:
Done :)

Thanks!! :mrgreen:

flibbit
Raven
Raven

15 Mar 2017, 5:44 pm

The survey's going really well so far, we're getting some really exciting preliminary results. But still hoping to wrangle a few more people into participating... :D

LyraLuthTinu
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 7:36 pm

I took your survey. I hope that helps.

Official diagnosis: Austism Spectrum Disorder Level One, without learning disability, without speech/language delay; Requiring Support

flibbit
Raven
Raven

16 Mar 2017, 12:36 pm

Thanks very much, Lyra. :mrgreen:

flibbit
Raven
Raven

09 Apr 2017, 2:36 pm

Just wanted to let everyone know I'm closing the survey. We've gotten a good number of responses and I'll be starting data analysis. Thanks, all! :mrgreen: