How do I stop scaring away every girl I meet?

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Hydrochlorick
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Feb 2017, 2:16 pm

Corny wrote:
Hydrochlorick wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
Hydrochlorick wrote:
Definitely is scary and difficult! Ultimately, the anxiety from it got the better of me. But it was invaluable for developing what little skills I have.

Congrats again! What do you do now?

Now I work at an Apple Store. Apparently being able to remain completely emotionally removed while explaining things to potentially upset customers is very valuable there haha!

@Corny I appreciate the kind words! I've definitely noticed I get along better with fellow ASD/AS individuals.

I saw that there's a dating section on this site. So maybe you can do that with a female user that as well as ASD/AS.

Definitely not a terrible idea. I'm not sure I know how to appeal to non-NT people either. Not sure how to market myself. I'll probably just lurk in those forums for a while and see what others say.

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2017, 2:18 pm

Hydrochlorick wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
Hydrochlorick wrote:
Now I work at an Apple Store. Apparently being able to remain completely emotionally removed while explaining things to potentially upset customers is very valuable there haha!

Are you one of these folks called geniuses? And did you get a permanent contract?

Not quite. I work in the Genius Bar, but I'm technically ranked below the actual geniuses. I basically only work with mobile devices. No macs. The work isn't really "contracted". I'm hired part time with no determined end date. I'll hopefully be leaving once I graduate college to find a real job, but we'll see. I can live with being there for a while longer. It's a nice place.

What are you in college for?

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2017, 2:30 pm

Hydrochlorick wrote:
As for ceasing to pretend to be NT, I get that makes sense. But, I really haven't found many other ASD/AS individuals in life. Or maybe I'm just really bad at detecting it? That's certainly possible.

ND doesn't mean ASD/AS, it includes the whole range of people we are compatible with, and it is 1 in 6 in many parts of the world, so if you haven't seen any of those, yes, you must be bad at detecting them. Best thing, there are just as many girls as there are guys that are ND (neurodiverse). :-)
'