Efforts to gauge the General Autism Disc. Forum.

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2017, 10:49 am

Perhaps it's a special interest?

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2017, 11:13 am

Maybe. It seems a bit obsessive, doesn't it?

Here
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Mar 2017, 6:49 pm

Specific examples of discussion threads are not absolute indicators on what is important to the Asperger community (I prefer not to “split hairs” in defining where personal interests end, and where the Asperger community’s interests begin).

Naturally, we focus on those priorities on the top of our to-do lists. We may (or may not) find the time to reassess those priorities lower on our lists, in order to determine what tasks deserve to be moved higher-up on our to-do lists.

Important things get overlooked, it is what it is! There can even be that value in rediscovering overlooked things.

With Aspergers, it’s natural to overlook, and avoid what is happening in the community around us. Even though Aspergers is associated with rigid routines, yet it can (at times) be a welcome break to get away from the “same old same old,” and develop new interests that are not yet another area of rigid focused interests.

It’s a healthy challenge to develop flexible interests reflecting the interests of people around us, even if others interests don’t quite reflect our own (difficult challenges with Aspergers); that is boosting involvement in the world around us in both our online routines, and especially in the physical world offline, away from the presence of the Internet

Personal growth is a common pattern with Aspergers; that is those personal decisions (without nudging from others) to “step out of our comfort zones” into new environments.

In short, it’s unnecessary to over-analyze what is valued, overlooked, or not important at all. Our “sixth senses” tell us to make the time to “let it happen!”

Thank-you

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2017, 7:04 pm

You've made a good point. Bear in mind some people are too busy trying to figure out their own life problems than to focus on other issues and topics (hence they would naturally have a shorter attention span). I'll have a look at those other topics you raised. I do believe this forum gets a bit stagnant with similar discussions recurring quite often.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2017, 7:17 pm

Especially in PPR LOL

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2017, 11:27 pm

I just go with the flow and post what's on my mind.