Page 2 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

agentcyclosarin
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 3:26 pm

Aah.. the eye.
Did you're avatar have an eye before this sign?

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 3:31 pm

yeah, it was an eye with a zipper on it. I switched it because someone mentioned it being a bit... disturbing, and then it got to the point of when I looked at it, it made my eyes itch, lol.

agentcyclosarin
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 3:42 pm

nobodyzdream wrote:
yeah, it was an eye with a zipper on it. I switched it because someone mentioned it being a bit... disturbing, and then it got to the point of when I looked at it, it made my eyes itch, lol.

I thought so. I remembered an eye as the avatar of the person who posted it. I liked the zipper which was what made it stand out more in my mind. This probably why I thought it was you rather than the other person.

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 3:45 pm

probably-it also had a blue tone to it, and a lot of other avatars seem to have that too-they all kind of look the same to me unless I remember specifics about each

giaam
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 May 2007, 4:15 pm

Where to start...If I'm obsessed in something, this can literaly be to the total exclusion of everything else. I find noise hard to cope with as sometimes makes me feel dirty. Larger groups of people I dont cope with well, I'm realy anti-social by nature; if its work or project related I feel more comfortable with this. I find that I'm increasingly aware of other people 'breaking rules' and this makes me quite anxious and I withdraw more into myself. very often I misinterpret other peoples expresions and moods, and based on past experience I wonder if it is something I have said or done. Most other stuff I've learned to cope with :roll:

markaudette
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 5:47 pm

I have Dyscalculia so that's a majorly huge problem for me. When, in the course of a normal day, do you NOT use math skills???

I cannot just say something outright and succinctly. I just have to keep talking until I finally come out and say what I trully mean to say. So that means I have to sit there and flap my gums until I say what I really want to say. And there's not too many people in the world willing to sit there for four hours and listen to you intently until you finall say what was on your mind. My biggest problem is that I can never find the words to say what is on my mind.

When I'm out in public, I go into a shut-down mode. I just get all white hot and can't really function very well. Like when I'm in public I'm in some kind of instinctual mode where I practically can't do much at all.

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 6:06 pm

Socializing.

marcus
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 May 2007, 6:07 pm

I always hated the "small talk" thing you know, "Think the rain 'll hurt the rhubarb?" To me it was totally pointless and boring and such a waste of time. But, NT's love it. I think they excell at small talk better than anything else. I believe it's used simply to kill time. No disease will be cured with small talk, no peace treaty will be written during small talk, global warming will not be reduced due to small talk With small talk being so prevalent in NT society means they have tons of free time to kill. So I thought to myself, why can't I have all this free time NT's seem to have to just kick back and bullsh_t about stupid stuff? So I decided to make the time. Took the pressure off myself. Thought of the stupidest stuff to ramble on about with NT's. You know what, after awhile it was kind of relaxing. I didn't have to figure out the Israeli/Palestine problem. Just for the record there are a lot of NT's who are also miserable at the same things we are. I mean has anyone seen our president at any town hall meeting. Anybodies pet parrot could do a better job at communicating.
I also hated the being watched thing that Scrulie mentioned. Totally creeped me out. Still does sometimes. But, I turned it around in my mind and thought I must be doing something pretty good and interesting for people to want to watch. Ego takes over then. I now love using different takes on situations that previously would freak me out.

Santa_Claus
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 6:10 pm

Fitting in.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 6:47 pm

I don't know where to start....so I won't.

nutbag
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 8:16 pm

Oh, and:

I am very face blind (failed to recognoze my sister!)

I do not remember names, and I do not I'D voices.

And I am absent minded.

cynicism occurs immediately upon pressing your brain's start button

neurodeviant
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 8:24 pm

I find it difficult to get the attention of other people, especially verbally. I also don't like to be spontaneous, and I often find it difficult to keep focused on long texts/posts (maybe I'm dyspraxic!)

ghostgurl
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 8:39 pm

I have difficulties with

iniating conversations
saying hi
expressing empathy(sometimes)
keeping conversations going
keeping friendships going
staying motivated
eye contact
fine motor skills
knowing what to say
expressing myself verbally(sometimes)
speaking too quietly
auditory processing
following too many directions at once
reading comprehension(sometimes)
math
driving
multitasking
small talk

Also, I am really stubborn.

Last edited by ghostgurl on 18 May 2007, 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

18 May 2007, 8:46 pm

Like Scrulie said, Being Watched. Today I was out running an errand, and decided to stop at my favorite restaurant and get a take out meal. But I was so hungry, that I decided to eat it there, instead of waiting until I got home. Well, when I walked in, the place was a little crowded. My first instinct was to leave. But if I wait too long to eat, I get nauseous, so I ordered. It was excruciating. So many eyes on me. People were talking to each other, but kept trying to catch my eye. What is up with that? They have companions to talk to, but want to look into my eyes for some reason. I ignored everyone, and read my newspaper until my food came. But my stomach was tense, and it was hard to enjoy my food with people staring at me. I wish I could totally tune them out, but some self preservation instinct tells me I must always be aware of their proximity at all times. Very tense experience. I've also noticed that NT's get intrigued when you don't look at them - it's almost like a game to see if they can get you to look at them.

Cheerlessleader
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2007, 10:03 am

Socializing
"Reading emotions"
Communicating
Interpretating a piece of art into 350 words :roll:

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2007, 10:16 am

Uh...wanting to kill myself and those who’re around me when I’m around them due to the pain I feel when I’m near them..., not talking and being unable to learn are those that affect me the most; everything else I experience is somewhat trivial to me.