Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

person01
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Mar 2017, 12:31 pm

Just curious if you guys think this is stimming or me just being fidgety. I push on my fingernails with my fingertips and rub the edges of my fingernails basically all the time. If I am not doing this I will typically be tapping my fingers on something or rubbing the fabric or seams on my clothing. I also rub my fingertips together. Im just an odd fellow :)

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2017, 12:34 pm

person01 wrote:
Just curious if you guys think this is stimming or me just being fidgety. I push on my fingernails with my fingertips and rub the edges of my fingernails basically all the time. If I am not doing this I will typically be tapping my fingers on something or rubbing the fabric or seams on my clothing. I also rub my fingertips together. Im just an odd fellow :)

I think it all depends on why you do it , and what you feel when doing it.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

person01
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Mar 2017, 12:44 pm

It makes me feel calm, helps control anxieties (sometimes), and I just like the way it feels

Keigan
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Mar 2017, 3:09 pm

Just do it when ever you want or need, especially if it provides relief for something else.

Eventually look what it is providing relief towards....

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2017, 4:18 pm

person01 wrote:
It makes me feel calm, helps control anxieties (sometimes), and I just like the way it feels

sounds like stimming to me :D

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

ChangelingGirl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2017, 4:28 pm

Sounds like stimming to me too. I'm curious, why does it matter whether it's a stim or something else? Nothing wrong with it either way.

person01
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Mar 2017, 4:49 pm

Im basically trying to self diagnose myself and determine if autism or something else causes my behaviors. My behaviors do not bother me I am just curious about them. At my last psychology appointment which was for anxiety my psychologist mentioned that many of my ocd like traits sound very similar to autism and so she asked me about my developmental history as a child.