Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

rosered
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 5:38 am

Hello everyone,

I'm after some advice, i have to look for a new job but don't really know what to look for. I've looked online but can't find any sites that are that useful to someone who is unsure of what they want to do.

Has anyone got any suggestions for a job for someone who;

likes to work alone

wants to work from home

is willing to re-train

I'm only trained as a care assistant but i HATE it, i don't think i've got enough empathy!! I definately think working alone is the way to go but doing what?

Thanks everyone, :P

hashi
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 May 2007, 7:08 am

well maybe if you are good with PCs, you could do a course on basic PC repair and setup and work for a company ( or start your own) that does this.I hired such a guy to fix mine when i couldnt get the printer to work.He picked it up and brought it back 3 days later

Mr_Winston
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 May 2007, 7:09 am

My Mum works as a care assistant, it would appear to be an 'interesting' job to say the least. :)

Do you like computers? If so you could dabble in something like web design. From what I know of it I think it would fit your criteria well.

Failing that, do you like drawing? Before I came to Uni I spent two years drawing storyboards for a local animation company. I was able work wherever I wanted, alone, and doing something I enjoyed. :)

Maybe those suggestions will give you a couple of ideas. :)

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 10:44 am

I don't know about in UK, but in the US there are companies that do medical transciptioning that will train you at home and let you work from home. If you're fast at typing and accurate the pay is good.