Somebody talk to me please

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Mar 2017, 8:34 pm

You may already know that I'm having a horrible time trying to move. But I know that if I'm doing the Lord's will ... I just turned you off, didn't I? My life experience is that if I'm doing God's will, life flows like silk. Everything is easy. And this move is awful. And then I thought, "Did I ask?" No, I didn't ask.

So quickly in my mind I asked for help. Then I googled for an apartment and *pop!* - there it was on my screen - my new apartment, at the exact price, in the exact condition, with exactly the concessions I was prepared to make to get that ridiculously low price.

And now I gotta talk to somebody, preferably you, I guess. Actually, I would like you to talk to me. Do you get things like this? I hope you're not doing a mental shrug at me.

"Ask and you shall receive." It's happened before. I just forgot to ask.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2017, 2:55 am

My take on this is that a hopeful attitude tends to attract better fortune than a hopeless attitude. People are more helpful to hopeful people, even if the hopeless ones need their help more. States of mind do influence what happens in our lives, though to what extent and exactly how the process works is far from clear to me. I had a small instance of this last weekend, when I ordered a glass of champagne at a cafe, because I felt so happy and relaxed in the sun by the harbour; to my surprise, there was no bill later and I was told it was on the house! I noticed that everyone else was charged. Go figure!

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2017, 5:20 pm

Yes, Claradoon,

I can relate! :)

Sometimes doors open swiftly and smoothly after praying about a situation,
other times doors open but you also must work really hard and overcome life's hurdles
and perhaps even spiritual battles,
and still other times, doors shut ... and sometimes later on when you can look back
and see the situation more clearly, you thank God they did.

Glad you've found a more promising apartment,
hope everything works out wonderfully! :D

shadowtag
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Mar 2017, 8:24 pm

I have on occasion been treated to what I like to call, "Divine Irony" in response to prayer, it can give me a good chuckle...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2017, 10:45 pm

I always talk to you, Claradoon.

Yes, like the above posters, I do believe positive thoughts frequently lead to positive results.

And negative thoughts frequently preordain negative results.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 Mar 2017, 12:18 am

Oh bless you all for your sweet replies.

I was asleep and thought someone was banging on my door, but it's midnight so it must have been a dream.

But 3 loud knocks on the door at exactly midnight mean something? It's my beloved cousin's b'day - she's 68. We've been on and off for 67 years. Currently we're off but I must send her a card.

I've put an ad to hire somebody to get me through the next few days.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 Mar 2017, 6:40 pm

Progress report: I went and signed a lease application. I am waiting for reply.

How sensible and sane that sounds! The truth is I couldn't wash my hair so I sprayed it with Febreze and put a hat on top. And so on. I took my cane but not my walker, wanting to appear independent. I wobbled too much and the guy phoned me later and asked if I could reach the tall places. Anyway, he seemed to think the application would be accepted and I think he's nice - but he's not the owner.

Thank you for your help.

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2017, 6:49 pm

I'm 67 in age and moving from the midwest to the east coast of U.S. at the end of April. I struggle emotionally with the work and unknown ahead of me. It is reassuring you signed your lease application. I don't have an apartment lined up yet as the managements say they can't hold an apartment until I am closer to my move date.

namesalltaken
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Mar 2017, 1:27 am

[quote="Claradoon"]You may already know that I'm having a horrible time trying to move. But I know that if I'm doing the Lord's will ... I just turned you off, didn't I?[quote]

You motivated me to write some words here, and I hardly ever post in these forums,
can God work through atheists? why not!

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

04 Mar 2017, 2:19 am

namesalltaken wrote:
Claradoon wrote:
You may already know that I'm having a horrible time trying to move. But I know that if I'm doing the Lord's will ... I just turned you off, didn't I?
Quote:

You motivated me to write some words here, and I hardly ever post in these forums,
can God work through atheists? why not!

I think that would delight Him. We have such a pronoun problem - He, She, It, They. And then nouns and titles. Any one of those words can derail a conversation. But yes, God can and will, if you're not just playing games with Her, Him, It Them.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2017, 1:33 pm

You should read The Science Of Getting Rich by Wallace Wattles, google it, it's a free pdf file. Don't be put off by the title, since it's not really about getting rich, it's about how, if you put a good intention out there and then look for opportunities to fulfill it, a door will open for it to happen. Like a couple others posting on this thread, sometimes I wonder if people with "bad luck" are doing this in reverse, putting "bad vibes" out there, so they get bad stuff back. If you believe that it's the "will of god", I won't argue, but personally I think it's more than that.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

04 Mar 2017, 4:27 pm

pezar wrote:
You should read The Science Of Getting Rich by Wallace Wattles, google it, it's a free pdf file. Don't be put off by the title, since it's not really about getting rich, it's about how, if you put a good intention out there and then look for opportunities to fulfill it, a door will open for it to happen. Like a couple others posting on this thread, sometimes I wonder if people with "bad luck" are doing this in reverse, putting "bad vibes" out there, so they get bad stuff back. If you believe that it's the "will of god", I won't argue, but personally I think it's more than that.

Thank you! I'll go look for it now, and I'll read it. The phrase "will of god" is difficult, there are so many ways to say that, without invoking a deity. Luck, vibes, my own brain? Maybe. For now, I'm grateful and I got a good book to read. :D

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

05 Mar 2017, 8:28 pm

justkillingtime wrote:
I'm 67 in age and moving from the midwest to the east coast of U.S. at the end of April. I struggle emotionally with the work and unknown ahead of me. It is reassuring you signed your lease application. I don't have an apartment lined up yet as the managements say they can't hold an apartment until I am closer to my move date.

Are you going to be near the beach on the east coast of U.S.?

End of April is my date too, but I'm staying in the same jurisdiction (Quebec) and we have a law that 3 months notice is required. I mean, to leave. Obviously not to sign the new one, but if they've got something they'll sign it. I'm only moving about 6 blocks away - could it be the distance that gives them pause for your move? I'll never understand landlords.

Keep us posted how you go. :)

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

05 Mar 2017, 8:32 pm

the_phoenix wrote:
Yes, Claradoon,

I can relate! :)

Sometimes doors open swiftly and smoothly after praying about a situation,
other times doors open but you also must work really hard and overcome life's hurdles
and perhaps even spiritual battles,
and still other times, doors shut ... and sometimes later on when you can look back
and see the situation more clearly, you thank God they did.

Glad you've found a more promising apartment,
hope everything works out wonderfully! :D

How wonderful that you can relate! Thank you. I felt silly admitting to what I believe, your message is so encouraging. Thanks!

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2017, 1:04 pm

Claradoon wrote:
justkillingtime wrote:

Are you going to be near the beach on the east coast of U.S.?

End of April is my date too, but I'm staying in the same jurisdiction (Quebec) and we have a law that 3 months notice is required. I mean, to leave. Obviously not to sign the new one, but if they've got something they'll sign it. I'm only moving about 6 blocks away - could it be the distance that gives them pause for your move? I'll never understand landlords.

Keep us posted how you go. :)

I will move to Washington, D.C. so I should be able to get to the beach :D . My lease in the midwest, has (I think) a 3 months notice requirement to leave. D.C. seems to be a different world. Apparently, they have a 45 day notice requirement to leave. Thanks, Claradoon:)

Bridgette77
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Mar 2017, 7:00 pm

I understand this feeling, and even though I don't know what to say, I said a prayer for you, that you'll have peace, strength, calmness, and direction.