Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2017, 11:09 am

Anyone here fascinated with freeways?

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2017, 11:17 am

Oh my god finally someone else with the same interest. I always been fascinated with them too. I just love them. Looking at business signs. Signs on the road. And all the businesses off of it. I find a fascination with them that no one else does. Other people probably think that's weird that I think about it and find a interest in it.

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2017, 2:35 pm

I love the way they are organized, with odd numbers for north-south routes and even for east-west, at least in the US. I can only tell which direction I'm facing if I know where the nearest freeway is relative to my location.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2017, 2:26 am

Redxk wrote:
I love the way they are organized, with odd numbers for north-south routes and even for east-west, at least in the US. I can only tell which direction I'm facing if I know where the nearest freeway is relative to my location.

If you can't afford a GPS thing, you oughtta spend 89 cents for one of those dashboard compasses. I have never gotten around to unpacking my GPS unit because 90 percent of the time all I need to know in order to navigate is what compass direction I am going- which that low tech cheap compass I already have tells me.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2017, 3:50 am

There are a bunch of youtubers out there that film freeways and post them. My favorite is FreewayJim. He has an encyclopedic knowledge freeways and music and is a great video editor. While I am not fascinated by freeways, I find these videos very relaxing and stress reducing.

"When Establishment figures declare that they’ve changed their mind on free speech and now think there should be less of it, know that they expect the speech that gets throttled to be yours, not theirs.” - Walter Olsen Cato Institute

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 5:02 pm

We don't have freeways in Canada, we only have highways.
My mom's GPS measures distance in kilometers, but it refers to highways as freeways. Strange.