FBI call Trump Delusional over Wire Tapping Allegations

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2017, 8:06 pm

FBI Director James Comey has called for the Justice Department to reject the explosive accusation that Barack Obama tapped Donald Trump’s phones.
http://www.news.com.au/world/us-preside ... cfbd36f5b0
The New York Times is reporting that the director of the FBI has asked the Justice Department to publicly reject President Donald Trump’s assertion that Barack Obama as president ordered the tapping of Trump’s phones during the presidential campaign.
The Times reports on its website that senior American officials tell the newspaper that FBI Director James Comey has argued that the claim is false and must be corrected.

Unbelievable that he just makes this stuff up to take attention away from his incompetence to hold the office of presidency

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2017, 4:47 am

Why isn't Trump also allowed to make paranoid false claims of espionage? He's essentially just replacing "Putin" with "Obama". Maybe it's being done as a parody the "Russian Connection".

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2017, 5:37 am

David Letterman has come out of retirement and alleges that based on inside information that Trump never wanted to be president. If this is true then it suggests he is improvising a lot of the time rather than giving serious thought to what he is going to say.

In other words a loose cannon

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2017, 6:19 am

cyberdad wrote:
David Letterman has come out of retirement and alleges that based on inside information that Trump never wanted to be president. If this is true then it suggests he is improvising a lot of the time rather than giving serious thought to what he is going to say.

In other words a loose cannon

The same was said many times by others during the election. His goal was to have a good showing so that he could brag that he "could have been President".

He has never made any effort to learn the issues or how things work. It is all seat of pants stumbling from day to day along with a hefty load of conspiracy theories and paranoia. Neither Trump nor Hillary were fit to be President. I've been hoping that he would turn out better than I expect, but so far he hasn't and he doesn't seem to have any reasonable plan for the future.

So instead he makes a spectacle of himself with his morning tweets about such important issues as the ratings of The Apprentice.

---

As for the wiretapping allegations, there are a lot of assumptions there.

There have been reports of a FISA warrant in October. The first thing to remember is that even the existence of any particular warrant is highly classified. People could go to prison for releasing that information. All that is released is some overall yearly data about the number of warrants.

If you've ever had much in the way of encounters with people with security clearances, they can neither confirm nor deny news reports. For that matter, now even what is clearly obvious. So it is quite possible that the entire FISA warrant stuff is made up.

But let's assume for a moment that it is true. That still doesn't mean that there were wiretaps. FISA warrants are issued to conduct surveillance against foreign governments and their agents. That can include a wide variety of things in addition to wiretaps.

There were reports last summer of some very peculiar traffic between a server at Trump Tower and one at Alfa Bank in Russia. It wouldn't be surprising if the FISA warrant, if such were issued, would be to collect that internet traffic and only that internet traffic between the two servers.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2017, 6:25 am

One other thing about Trump in the White House is that I seriously doubt that he has the psychological makeup needed to handle the job well.

His wife is living in New York to take care of their kid while he is in school. His daughter Ivanka and her husband and family live in Washington DC now, but they have their own life after the work day. Supposedly, when the day is over and people have gone home, much of the time Trump goes up to his quarters, eats supper by himself and spends the evening watching tv. Sometimes one of his advisors will hang around for a while and discuss something with him, but most of the time he is reported to be pretty much on his own from around 6 or 7 pm until about 6 or 7 am the next morning.

For someone who is used to going around town in style, this would be a very difficult change to make. I like solitude, but that would still get to me pretty quick because I sometimes like to go out and do things at night. I sometimes go out to eat at night, not because the food is better (it isn't) but just to get out for an hour or so.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2017, 6:59 am

Another pro-Hillary celebrity who's the only person on earth with secret tapes, special information, whatever on the President.

There's nothing regarding the amount of time and effort Trump put into his campaign that indicates he didn't want to win. In fact he was extremely insistent upon it. And there's nothing he's said since then that indicates he was running a pretend campaign.

The vast amount of innuendo and sensationalism democrats/liberals come up with is staggering.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2017, 7:05 am

EzraS wrote:
Why isn't Trump also allowed to make paranoid false claims of espionage? He's essentially just replacing "Putin" with "Obama". Maybe it's being done as a parody the "Russian Connection".

Do you know the difference between assertion and argument? You make a lot of assertions but never any arguments. Essentially the argument is "showing your work" like in math.

You keep saying 3. But you never say how you got there (2+1, 3+0, 1x3, etc.) Anyone can just say how they feel (like Trump does) but it's meaningless without the proof.

With regard to the topic: Trump's screwed himself with this one and Comey did the right thing going to the Justice Department. Two things can happen: It will be shown that Trump had no evidence and this could result in charges of paranoia and mental instability OR it will be shown that there were wire taps placed in Trump Tower, which begs the question of why and leads back to the Russian charges.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2017, 8:03 am

androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Do you know the difference between assertion and argument? You make a lot of assertions but never any arguments. Essentially the argument is "showing your work" like in math.

You keep saying 3. But you never say how you got there (2+1, 3+0, 1x3, etc.) Anyone can just say how they feel (like Trump does) but it's meaningless without the proof.

LOL! I made a blatantly satirical commentary. You seem to have a great deal of difficulty understanding context - which you might want to get a better grasp of before lecturing and critiquing others regarding content.

androbot01 wrote:
With regard to the topic: Trump's screwed himself with this one and Comey did the right thing going to the Justice Department. Two things can happen: It will be shown that Trump had no evidence and this could result in charges of paranoia and mental instability OR it will be shown that there were wire taps placed in Trump Tower, which begs the question of why and leads back to the Russian charges.

The first scenario will be the umpteenth time that "Trump has really screwed himself" and been subjected to charges of paranoia and mental instability.

The second scenario doesn't take into account that if true, according to Sen. Lindsey Graham, it will be the greatest scandal since Watergate against Barack Obama.

Do you wish to mathematically critique that as well? :lol:

Last edited by EzraS on 06 Mar 2017, 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2017, 8:12 am

EzraS wrote:
LOL! I made a blatantly satirical statement. You seem to have a great deal of difficulty understanding context - which you might want to get a better grasp of before lecturing and critiquing others regarding content.

Yes, I got that it was satire, but you're still missing my point. I'll spare you the math this time.

EzraS wrote:
The second scenario doesn't take into account that if true according to Sen. Lindsey Graham, will be the greatest scandal since Watergate against Barrack Obama.

This is what I'm talking about ... there is no evidence whatsoever that it is true. Nice of Graham to offer such empty support, but it won't save Trump from himself.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2017, 8:28 am

androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
LOL! I made a blatantly satirical statement. You seem to have a great deal of difficulty understanding context - which you might want to get a better grasp of before lecturing and critiquing others regarding content.

Yes, I got that it was satire, but you're still missing my point. I'll spare you the math this time

Your response was quite the contrary to you getting that it was satire. You should have picked a serious post to give your dissertation, presuming you can differentiate one from the other.

androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
The second scenario doesn't take into account that if true according to Sen. Lindsey Graham, will be the greatest scandal since Watergate against Barrack Obama.

This is what I'm talking about ... there is no evidence whatsoever that it is true. Nice of Graham to offer such empty support, but it won't save Trump from himself.

Graham's scenario was just more conclusive than your scenario. You do understand what a scenario is right? Perhaps not.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2017, 8:46 am

EzraS wrote:
Your response was quite the contrary to you getting that it was satire.

Satire is a very useful political tool. Assertion or argument, satire is a style of presentation.

androbot01 wrote:
Graham's scenario was just more conclusive than your scenario.

Graham's "scenario" offered no conclusion at all. We'll have to wait for the DOJ for that.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2017, 8:57 am

androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Your response was quite the contrary to you getting that it was satire.

Satire is a very useful political tool. Assertion or argument, satire is a style of presentation.

No, it was simply a joke.

androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Graham's scenario was just more conclusive than your scenario.

Graham's "scenario" offered no conclusion at all. We'll have to wait for the DOJ for that.

His conclusion was that if true, it would be a scandal of historic proportions.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2017, 9:09 am

EzraS wrote:

There are no jokes in politics, even if they're funny.

EzraS wrote:

Well lots of things could be of historic proportions, but saying it doesn't mean they will.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2017, 9:27 am

androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

That would depend on the quantum physics involved, what day of the week it is and the Colbert factor, hermetically sealed and kept
on Funk and Wagnalls' porch.

androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Well lots of things could be of historic proportions, but saying it doesn't mean they will.

Unless banana.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2017, 9:31 am

EzraS wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

That would depend on the quantum physics involved, what day of the week it is and the Colbert factor, hermetically sealed and kept

androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Unless banana.

I'm not sure what you're talking about, but I can assure you that quantum physics is far beyond me.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2017, 9:36 am

androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Unless banana.

I'm not sure what you're talking about, but I can assure you that quantum physics is far beyond me.

That insinuation has nothing to do with Putin wiretapping Obama ordering a pizza.