Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2021, 11:21 am

magz wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
I'm guessing that the reason for that is because in Britain, trainers are associated with Chavs.
Very well could be correct. Dress codes at bars and clubs are to keep undesirable riffraff out - whoever they might be in that local area.

I think in UK, they may make such rules not to be the pub where groups of sports-fan hooligans go after a match.

Makes sense.

It's not that the clothing itself is a problem or dangerous; it's the reputation of the people that wear it. Same same for the pub I worked at that had a "No Daytons," policy. As if high quality leather motorcycle boots could harm anyone - no, Dayton boots cannot cause problems and aren't even "low class," to look at - they're several hundred dollars a pair.. but the people who wore them at the time? There's a reason a particular model of boot or two were known as "s**t kickers," and why anyone wearing them was simply asked to change their footwear if they wanted to come in for a beer.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2021, 1:10 pm

Every bar in my town apparently has a dress code against trainers, but allow everything else, even jogging bottoms. I don't go to them but my boyfriend's sisters went on a regular basis to different local bars (before pandemic) and they say that every bar pleads no trainers. I don't think it's to do with the past fashion, it's just something that bar owners seem to object to.