Are you a history/language person or a math/science person?

Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

History/language or math/science?
History/Language 48%  48%  [ 24 ]
Math/Science 20%  20%  [ 10 ]
Both 26%  26%  [ 13 ]
Neither 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
Unknown 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 50

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2017, 4:22 pm

TheSilentOne wrote:
I like history okay, but I tend to only be fascinated with certain time periods and not the subject as a whole.
I can relate a bit to that. In addition I find everyday life in the past much more interesting than the majority of the big events, which make up so much of history lessons. A topic I don't tire of is daily life in Norway during WW2. Not the battles, but how the day to day existence was for regular people like my grandparents.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

FreakyZettairyouiki
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 May 2017, 4:23 pm

I'm a mix of both but I've found that this mix isn't as definite or simple as I thought. I do better in classes where you have to be more logical like Math and Science, but I tend to like learning in my own way and using visuals and art to remember things. I am currently a pharmacy major now and I have realized I am not as much of a bookworm as I thought. I like to be creative on the side as well. While I may struggle to write analytical essays, I excel at creative writing and poems. I do well when I am not bound by rules and limitations, so situations where I can use my own logic and be creative in coming up with my own solutions. It's kind of made me to dislike my courses now because that kind of style is not fit for them. You need to be okay with learning by the book to be a Stem major and as I've grown older, I noticed that I don't like that.