What the F:)k is Going on in America?

Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 10:09 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:
"U.S. employers added jobs at an above-average pace for a second month on outsized gains in construction and manufacturing while wage growth picked up, as the labor market continued its steady improvement in the new year.

"The 235,000 increase followed a 238,000 rise in January that was more than previously estimated, the best back-to-back rise since July, a Labor Department report showed Friday in Washington. The unemployment rate fell to 4.7 percent, and wages grew 2.8 percent from February 2016."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-03-10/u-s-jobs-wages-show-solid-gains-in-trump-s-first-full-month

As a matter of fact, even one of Trump's jobs guys has admitted that Trump has nothing to do with this job growth he's so eager to take credit for. But will he take responsibility if the job market goes south?

Ronald Reagan — "There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit."

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 10:24 am

Jacoby wrote:
Restricting the supply of labor would allow wages to rise where they have been stagnate for 40+ years, it would way lessen the burden on our social services and schools, I don't see how it wouldn't help poor people in this country. People always say well these immigrants are a net positive and my response to that would be not for everyone and even the ones that do contribute are displacing American citizens who will need assistance in their place. Think about what this does to the rental market, illegal immigration hurts poor people!

As I mentioned, Canada has a merit based immigration system and they aren't letting in the same people that we are by a long shot. The US has an open border with a third world country with a 122M people(a decent chunk of that are living in America illegally) that is one of the most violent and corrupt places in the world, it's not really comparable to the country that is our hat with no external threats whatsoever. Why hasn't Trudeau with his big heart offered to take in any of these illegal Mexican immigrants? I'm sure Trump could expedite that if he wanted to, a pipeline if you will. Everyone is supposed to share the burden with Syrian refugees but the US has to accommodate 11-30 million people who have no business being here? If Mexico is so bad that they can't be sent back then perhaps other countries need to share in the burden, that's not going to happen tho obviously since most people are virtue signaling hypocrites.

Oh, I'm not saying controlled immigration wouldn't help. And yes Canada is hard to get into. I think you have to have a skill. We did let in a large number of Syrian refugees and I think we have a system in place for those fleeing persecution. And yes, you guys have the Mexican immigration issue. So, yeah, controlled immigration would be a benefit.
But, again, I don't think it is enough to solve the problem. I think there needs to be a shift in how the unemployable are viewed and treated by society.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

11 Mar 2017, 10:46 am

Well I am glad that we can come to an agreement on that finally, so how about that wall now? :P I think upping wages and lessening the burden put on social services would probably go a decent way in achieving that shift you want to see, mass migration hurts the poor disproportionately because the only people that really benefit are the rich. It's not the only issue but it's the elephant in the room, the problem should of never been allowed to get this bad in the first place.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 10:55 am

CNN is reporting a security breach at the White House last night. Some guy was arrested within the security perimeter and Trump was in residence.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 11:13 am

Jacoby wrote:
Perhaps we shouldn't let in millions of new foreign underclass into the country then, when we can't take care of people we already have? I think the US needs a merit based system... screening people out and I think the number should be a lot lower until the country is in a better place.

Amen, brother!! I also think it should've been alot LONNNNNGER----I was very surprised / disappointed, that it wasn't AT LEAST a YEAR!!

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 12:06 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
Raptorl wrote:
I've seen too many screwy things here over the years to be too sure of anything anyone says.
It's not called Wrong Planet for nothing...

Perhaps some of those posts were your own! :mrgreen:

But yeah, I see many an "out there" thing on our famous forums so know well what you mean...

Yes, I have my aspie moments but mostly IRL.

Last edited by Raptor on 11 Mar 2017, 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 2:01 pm

EzraS wrote:
Trump's obvious goal is to make the poor even poorer. He won't be happy until most Americans are homeless and starving to death. That's always been his actual plan.

I wouldn't say they want to make the poor even poorer purely out of spite. They merely don't care if that is the logical endgame, given their supreme allegiance to the Almighty Free Market.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 2:38 pm

Many of the world's most-talented people and minds are forced into slave-conditions or slave-like conditions, largely due to the massive gap in resource-control, thus they are not able to even use any of their talents. For a simplified metaphoric-like example, consider how a pilot cannot use his piloting skills without an aero-craft, a captain cannot use his sailing skills without an actual ship, scientific-minded inventors cannot conduct their experiments without the proper scientific-equipment, problem-solving genius cannot solve any problems when neo-cheaters create problems into their lives and interfering with any and all problem-solving efforts (neo-cheaters being people like those fraudulent politicians, fraudulent banksters, fraudulent judges, fraudulent officials everywhere in government, etc).

Like the man George Carlin was known to say in his performances : «What the **** do all of these rich mother ****ers need with all that land!?!» I think that segment was in regards to when I brought up solving homelessness.

marshall wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Trump's obvious goal is to make the poor even poorer. He won't be happy until most Americans are homeless and starving to death. That's always been his actual plan.

I wouldn't say they want to make the poor even poorer purely out of spite. They merely don't care if that is the logical endgame, given their supreme allegiance to the Almighty Free Market.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 4:09 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Well I am glad that we can come to an agreement on that finally, so how about that wall now? :P I think upping wages and lessening the burden put on social services would probably go a decent way in achieving that shift you want to see, mass migration hurts the poor disproportionately because the only people that really benefit are the rich. It's not the only issue but it's the elephant in the room, the problem should of never been allowed to get this bad in the first place.

That's not going to do it. We need to implement things like universal health care and major education reform (such as shifting to more content-based learning) to accomplish.

This extreme focus on immigration is misguided. Essentially, Mexican immigrants are being scapegoated because many Americans still refuse to contend with our country's actual deficiencies.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 4:11 pm

a bunch of f**kery is going on in America, lol its the only word I can think of at the moment.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 5:52 pm

androbot01 wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
Hey is Paul Ryan up their. Cool Androbot :)

He's giving his health care presentation. Lol

Shahunshah wrote:
People no doubt do have to accept that some people are not going to get out of the dirt on their own. But people shouldn't go so far as to reject the American dream. If we do we are enabling for the breakdowns of families and people into despair. People are going to feel terrible if all they hear is that they will live a crappy life. I agree with you sort of therefore, I would be nice if Republicans weren't so up their with its up to the individual rhetoric. But the dream is driver we need.

People are in "the dirt" because America is designed to let the individual be able to succeed. This has led to developments in knowledge and technology, but those who don't excel at the needed skills for this are left with nothing to do.
America needs to allow for those who are not successful to be self-sufficient. Otherwise they will drag the country down.
The "underclass" is not only not going away, it is growing in numbers.

sadly that much is true and the worst thing is that I am beginning to doubt Americas capacity for change without some serious congressional and electoral reform. We need to do away with gerrymandering, midterm elections, lessen senate terms and possibly get rid of the electoral college. If not for the 2010 midterms Obama could have accomplished so much but the system obstructed him.

Has your experience shaped your understanding of this?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 7:22 pm

beneficii wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

That's not going to do it. We need to implement things like universal health care and major education reform (such as shifting to more content-based learning) to accomplish.

This extreme focus on immigration is misguided. Essentially, Mexican immigrants are being scapegoated because many Americans still refuse to contend with our country's actual deficiencies.

If illegals weren't scapegoated, it would then either be legal immigrants, blacks making use of Affirmative Action, or poor people needing the social safety net. And as a matter of fact, all those groups have been, and still are, being demonized for the woes of America.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 9:12 pm

I think people wanted an outsider and some viewed Trump as an outsider.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 10:04 pm

BettaPonic wrote:

Yes, an outsider with little or no idea of how government works, or who wants the same kind of people filling his cabinet, and God help us, that's exactly what we've got.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 10:25 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:

Yes, an outsider with little or no idea of how government works, or who wants the same kind of people filling his cabinet, and God help us, that's exactly what we've got.

I some view trumps lack of government experience as a plus. I don't think trumps cabinet is ignorant I would say some are and others are working in corporations favor. I do agree so far trumps cabinet is a disaster.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 10:27 pm

BettaPonic wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:

I some view trumps lack of government experience as a plus. I don't think trumps cabinet is ignorant I would say some are and others are working in corporations favor. I do agree so far trumps cabinet is a disaster.

But how is lack of experience in government a plus?