Do you hate people who pretend to hate...

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

d_a_l_j
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Mar 2017, 11:57 am

Do you hate people who pretend to hate something they actually like?

I do.

They're just spineless cowards who are not worth a second of my time.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2017, 8:30 am

Hi:
I ran into a situation like this years ago after my co-workers and his co-workers tried to set me up with another aspie years ago. I didn't hate him but he annoyed the crap out of me because he kept blurting out rude things. He, however, liked me a lot but had to pretend to hate me in order to impress his friends.

We ended up going to the same community college a few years later and I developed a bit of a crush on him and vise versa. He turned out to be a very nice guy.

d_a_l_j
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Mar 2017, 9:27 am

I find that first impressions always last, and that if your first impression of someone is a bad one, and they later say sorry for what they said or did to upset you, that apology is not really worth anything because you still feel the negative effects of the bad impression they made on you in the beginning.

But yes, there are exceptions to this, where you can go from loathing someone or something to loving them. It's just deliberately dishonest people that I have no time for.

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2017, 12:02 pm

I find them a bit irritating, and will give them a bit of a ribbing about it.

Canary
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2017, 4:52 pm

Hate is a strong word. I just think it's kind of pointless how much some people will fuss over things like music, which don't matter at the end of the day.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 11:05 am

Literally hate? No, I leave my hatred to those who deserve it.
Colloquial hate them? No, that's still too strong a word.

let's just say that it doesn't leave me with a whole lot respect for them. I don't see the point in pretending to hate on something you like. After a certain age you should have outgrown the need for that kind of pretending. And don't get me started on liking something ironically :roll:

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 8:45 am

Summer_Twilight wrote:
Hi:
I ran into a situation like this years ago after my co-workers and his co-workers tried to set me up with another aspie years ago. I didn't hate him but he annoyed the crap out of me because he kept blurting out rude things. He, however, liked me a lot but had to pretend to hate me in order to impress his friends.

We ended up going to the same community college a few years later and I developed a bit of a crush on him and vise versa. He turned out to be a very nice guy.

Did you guys ever get together?