I am indifferent to her 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
I think she is okay but Democrats need a fresh face 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
She has done a good job as House leader 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 14

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2017, 3:04 am

Hey ya'll so here is the deal I am wondering whether a strong anti establishment figure in the democratic party could rise in 2020. And I think a good way to figure out whether that will happen is to test the water and see how popular the party people are.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2017, 3:29 am

She, and Elizabeth Warren, are two of the reasons we have a horse's ass in the White House. In addition, the U.S. Electorate are nothing more than sheeple. I don't give a damn who the politico is, we the people nowadays have to be led by the nose, since we, the people are too f!cking stupid to think for ourselves.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2017, 9:47 am

Meistersinger wrote:
the U.S. Electorate are nothing more than sheeple. I don't give a damn who the politico is, we the people nowadays have to be led by the nose.

This attutude is a big reason a person I view as having has the completly wrong personal makeup for the presidency is President. The people were not lead. The opposite. In both parties a lot of people voted against what the establishment in thier party, and the mainsteam media and practically all the experts wanted them to do. Plenty of Trump voters knew they were voting for for a guy with a lot of problems but voted for him anyway because they wanted a bully to put the "underserving" in thier place or a person who would come in like a guy swinging a hammer wildly in a glass room. That may very well be a really bad decision but it was a conscious one. Now they and we all have to deal with exactly what they voted for.

Back to the question at hand the democrats need new leadership and it is not Bernie Sanders as much of a neccesary catalyst as he is. That said don't count the Clintons completly out of the picture. IMHO Chelsea is eying her dad's old job down the road.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2017, 10:04 am

Oh, boy! Here's my chance. Back in the late 1980s, my then-partner and I lived in Silicon Valley. When some kind of LGBT protest or rally at the San Francisco Civic Center was announced, we decided to attend and, more importantly, get dinner in "the City" at a nice restaurant on the piers afterward.

We showed up to the gathering a little early, but the crowd grew quickly. Just as the event announcer started pointing out notable individuals from the stage, he recognized U.S. Rep. Nancy Pelosi who had just been elected to her first term in the Congress a few months prior. He pointed to us. So, turning around, we saw her right behind us. In her attempt to get through the crowd and on stage as quickly as she could, she elbowed my partner in the gut with one arm while she shoved him aside with the other. Making a fist, he was clearly just about to drop the [woman] to her knees, when I told him in my best stage whisper "that's Nancy Pelosi."

Over the years since then, I wished many times that I hadn't intervened. In my opinion, she is a violent egoist.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2017, 4:26 pm

She isn't always a nice person, and perhaps she should own up to her part in losing the White House. That said, she's otherwise been more or less effective, and has important seniority and experience.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2017, 4:36 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
Oh, boy! Here's my chance. Back in the late 1980s, my then-partner and I lived in Silicon Valley. When some kind of LGBT protest or rally at the San Francisco Civic Center was announced, we decided to attend and, more importantly, get dinner in "the City" at a nice restaurant on the piers afterward.

We showed up to the gathering a little early, but the crowd grew quickly. Just as the event announcer started pointing out notable individuals from the stage, he recognized U.S. Rep. Nancy Pelosi who had just been elected to her first term in the Congress a few months prior. He pointed to us. So, turning around, we saw her right behind us. In her attempt to get through the crowd and on stage as quickly as she could, she elbowed my partner in the gut with one arm while she shoved him aside with the other. Making a fist, he was clearly just about to drop the [woman] to her knees, when I told him in my best stage whisper "that's Nancy Pelosi."

Over the years since then, I wished many times that I hadn't intervened. In my opinion, she is a violent egoist.
That sounds nasty. Its politicians like that we don't need any more of. Its sounds like she wanted to be seen as standing up for LGBT rather than anything else.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2017, 5:24 pm

Shahunshah wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:

That sounds nasty. Its politicians like that we don't need any more of. Its sounds like she wanted to be seen as standing up for LGBT rather than anything else.

If I remember correctly, the gathering was for the 10th anniversary of the assassination of San Francisco Mayor George Moscone and San Francisco Supervisor Harvey Milk. So, it certainly meant for first-term Congresswoman Pelosi that she was going to be "seen" come hell or high water.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

19 Mar 2017, 5:28 pm

I can't think of anything positive to say about Nancy Pelosi, Democrats made a huge mistake not ousting her as leader but nothing ever really changes that much in the Democratic Party tho. Different decades, same faces... Well in Nancy's case she's gone thru a few faces since being elected! :P

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2017, 5:32 pm

Jacoby wrote:
I can't think of anything positive to say about Nancy Pelosi, Democrats made a huge mistake not ousting her as leader but nothing ever really changes that much in the Democratic Party tho. Different decades, same faces... Well in Nancy's case she's gone thru a few faces since being elected! :P

Indeed. It is strange that Feinstein and Pelosi keep getting reelected despite how much Californians (including most LGBT Californians) dislike them. But, like you wrote, the Democratic Party knows how ride their dead horses, watch them die a second time, get off them, kick them and ride them for a third time!