The subtle comments from others can be painful too!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Here
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Mar 2017, 7:23 pm

Subtle, quieter remarks can be painful too, esp. when such remarks “come out of the blue” from people who seem to be well…………..”least inconsiderate.”

Such remarks are sometimes described as “Freudian Slips” which leaves the listener painfully uncertain if said subtle comments where directed at them, or not.

The real sneaky behavior might be described as intentional “Freudian Slips” - again that uncertainty if what was heard was either an accidental, or intentional quiet, subtle remark?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2017, 8:11 pm

Yep...I agree. Devious, passive/aggressive comments/remarks can be quite painful.

I wonder if this would be better discussed in some other subforum than this one?

Here
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Mar 2017, 3:11 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Yep...I agree. Devious, passive/aggressive comments/remarks can be quite painful.

I wonder if this would be better discussed in some other subforum than this one?

Even comments from thoughtful friends, and family can sometimes be painful e.g., that sharp sarcasm which often stems from misunderstanding the Autism Spectrum.

There is a similar discussion in the 'In-Depth Adult-Life' Forum. LINK: What is the Most Hurtful Thing Anyone Has Ever Said to You?

viewtopic.php?t=300955

The 'Similar Topics' section at the bottom of the page also provides relevant discussions!