Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Lockeye
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Mar 2017, 9:17 pm

I haven't had the best of luck with dating in the past couple of years in San Francisco. I live in the famous Haight-Ashbury neighborhood (Home of the 'Summer of Love', hippies and hipsters alike). I used to date a lot, sometimes 3 new dates a week and taking in the singles experience of the big city, but I wouldn't call that successful dating by any standard. Being in a tech mecha with so many online users of dating sites like OkCupid, there's no shortage of available women out there, however I've noticed that dating here is regionally different than when I dated compared to central and southern California, where I found it easier and women were more likely to message me first than living in San Francisco.

So many women are looking for 'successful/social' types here, and it's not uncommon for men here to make 6 figures. I used to before my disabilities came to a point where I needed to quit and I'm well off for living on my own stocks that I invested in a decent studio apartment all to myself (which is rare for where I live). Ever since I stopped working and chose to explore more spiritual sides of myself and humanity, my dating pool shrank to a size that I can't find a date anymore. The women that would probably be more my match, hippie/spiritual types, are generally already taken by someone who is wealthy that can support their lifestyle, or aren't online in the first place. I also don't find it tolerable to go places I don't find tolerable like bars to meet someone who is more likely to tolerate a sensory nightmare of a place for me.

Not sure what I do or go from here, but I find it difficult to connect with most anyone I meet around here, and have plenty of 'acquaintances' but not friends in the true sense. Anyone else having the same kind of problems living in a large pond with plenty of fish so to speak, but nobody's biting anymore like they used to?

* Edit: I should also add that I do get likes on OkCupid and sometimes I will get 1 email exchanged, but will be ghosted after being liked or after the first response. Seems to happen all too often now these days.