16 May 2019, 9:53 pm

My bmi is also 19.8. 5'2" and 108 lbs.

Lindsey1151
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 May 2019, 10:05 pm

BTDT wrote:
My bmi is also 19.8. 5'2" and 108 lbs.

That's average but close to underweight.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 10:12 pm

Autism is comorbid with depression and anxiety

Depressed and anxious people tend to emotionally overeat

Autistics tend to not earn much $$$

People that earn less $$$ tend to be fatter

Autistics are often unemployed and have few friends

Not much reason to leave the house

Plus , sensory overload

Just leaving the house, noisy traffic

And it's not downtown or urban

Just suburban

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2019, 8:09 am

I can gain or lose weight. The issue is that my triglycerides jump when I gain weight. If I keep it where it is my lab tests look great.

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2019, 9:36 am

A great deal of my weight gain has been from risperidone, which, unfortunately, works very well for me. I switched to aripiprazole (Abilify), and I have gained no more weight, but I haven't lost any either.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2019, 11:53 am

I am 5 7 and weigh 120 lbs so that puts me in the normal BMI range.

I used to be overweight and that was because I just liked sugar and snacks and would eat for the taste. Then the weight came off when I stopped doing that.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2019, 10:28 pm

Antrax wrote:
Autistics tending to the extremes seems to be the main theme. My sweet teeth is really strong.

This applies to me. I am 6'0 and ~ 142 lbs. After I was diagnosed with Asperger's (at age 50), I realized that I probably have an eating disorder. Apparently, this is not that uncommon <click>.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2019, 11:52 pm

Yes, I think it is rare to find someone on this forum that does not have an eating disorder of some sort.

I like sweets so I eat them while cooking my meals! I also cook single serving meals so I eat the right amount. Not too much and not too little. Finally, I measure my weight at least once a day.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2019, 4:59 am

Redxk wrote:
A great deal of my weight gain has been from risperidone, which, unfortunately, works very well for me. I switched to aripiprazole (Abilify), and I have gained no more weight, but I haven't lost any either.
The same sort of thing has happened to me. I was put on Seroquel to help me sleep. I went from a slim 55kgs to a fat 85kgs in six months. I'm short so it's really noticeable.

I thought if I quit the Seroquel, weight would be lost. But I think being on lithium is stopping that. Haven't gained, haven't lost.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2019, 5:11 am

As a teenager I was within the recommended weight range for my height. Then I went on antipsychotics...and the weight piled on. I'd diet and lose some only to pile it on again.
I'm now very obese. Last time weight was done I was 119 kgs at 5.11.5 . My stepdaughter says I've lost some since,but I'm not so sure.

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2019, 10:57 am

BTDT wrote:
I like sweets so I eat them while cooking my meals!

I love sweets as well.

BTDT wrote:
Finally, I measure my weight at least once a day.

Me as well. Oftentimes, more. Another one of my obsessions. Sigh.

KikiKitty678
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 May 2019, 12:05 pm

BTDT wrote:
Yes, I think it is rare to find someone on this forum that does not have an eating disorder of some sort.

I like sweets so I eat them while cooking my meals! I also cook single serving meals so I eat the right amount. Not too much and not too little. Finally, I measure my weight at least once a day.

Oh yeah, food is something Aspies tend to struggle with. I'm amazed I'm not either 70 lbs or 300 lbs. I have to pay attention to what I eat to stay average-sized, and I do eat too much but I exercise so I'm only 15 lbs overweight. If I did not eat too much I would probably eat too little because I know I'm at risk, so I err on the side of too much even if it means I'll be chubby.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2019, 12:06 am

Redxk wrote:

How does Ablify compare to Risperdal? I quit my Risperdal as well and have been curious about Ablify's efficacy.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2019, 12:18 am

before 30 i had the raging metabolism sufficient to eat a french-fried shetland pony with extra gravy, plus a whole pie for dessert, and just barely be satisfied. thin as a rail, 6'3" @130. after 30 and especially now i weigh about 70# more and must watch every calorie.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2019, 8:18 am

6 3 and 200 isn’t bad.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2019, 8:25 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Redxk wrote:

How does Ablify compare to Risperdal? I quit my Risperdal as well and have been curious about Ablify's efficacy.

It’s my psychiatrist’s drug of choice. It gave me side effects, though, so I’m on Seroquel instead. I’ve never been on Risperdal.

I only need a low dose of Seroquel.