Page 3 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2019, 8:25 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Redxk wrote:
A great deal of my weight gain has been from risperidone, which, unfortunately, works very well for me. I switched to aripiprazole (Abilify), and I have gained no more weight, but I haven't lost any either.

How does Ablify compare to Risperdal? I quit my Risperdal as well and have been curious about Ablify's efficacy.

It’s my psychiatrist’s drug of choice. It gave me side effects, though, so I’m on Seroquel instead. I’ve never been on Risperdal.

I only need a low dose of Seroquel.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2019, 8:27 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Redxk wrote:
A great deal of my weight gain has been from risperidone, which, unfortunately, works very well for me. I switched to aripiprazole (Abilify), and I have gained no more weight, but I haven't lost any either.

How does Ablify compare to Risperdal? I quit my Risperdal as well and have been curious about Ablify's efficacy.

It’s my psychiatrist’s drug of choice. It gave me side effects, though, so I’m on Seroquel instead. I’ve never been on Risperdal.

Thanks. Can I ask what the Ablify side effects were?

When I took Seroquel I bit one corner off the lowest dosage tablet (6 mg from 25 mg). It would knock me out for up to 24 hours. It was way too strong for me.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2019, 8:34 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Redxk wrote:

When I took Seroquel I bit one corner off the lowest dosage tablet (6 mg from 25 mg). It would knock me out for up to 24 hours. It was way too strong for me.

Wow! I’m on a 100 mg and thought that was low.

I think Abilify made me nauseous. That’s rare, though. Most people say that, for an antipsychotic, it causes the fewest side effects.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2019, 8:44 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Redxk wrote:

I think Abilify made me nauseous. That’s rare, though. Most people say that, for an antipsychotic, it causes the fewest side effects.

I can't fathom 100 mg but I know some people take that much. Unlike the others, Risperidone is marketed for autism and it
worked well for me to control a certain behaviour. I didn't even gain weight. I can't remember why I stopped but I've been curious about Ablify. Thank you.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2019, 8:54 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Redxk wrote:

I can't fathom 100 mg but I know some people take that much. Unlike the others, Risperidone is marketed for autism and it
worked well for me to control a certain behaviour. I didn't even gain weight. I can't remember why I stopped but I've been curious about Ablify. Thank you.

Sure thing!

Sometimes I wonder if there’s more “marketing” going on than an honest portrayal of the efficacy of a drug, so I’m wondering if other antipsychotics could work similarly for autistic behaviors but they aren’t marketed that way.

I haven’t looked much at how these drugs can work for autism, though. I take them for other things.

Lindsey1151
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 May 2019, 8:30 pm

auntblabby wrote:
before 30 i had the raging metabolism sufficient to eat a french-fried shetland pony with extra gravy, plus a whole pie for dessert, and just barely be satisfied. thin as a rail, 6'3" @130. after 30 and especially now i weigh about 70# more and must watch every calorie.

Getting older is no fun :wink:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2019, 10:58 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
6 3 and 200 isn’t bad.

better than about 240# at my fattest :oops: but thank you :flower:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2019, 10:58 pm

Lindsey1151 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
before 30 i had the raging metabolism sufficient to eat a french-fried shetland pony with extra gravy, plus a whole pie for dessert, and just barely be satisfied. thin as a rail, 6'3" @130. after 30 and especially now i weigh about 70# more and must watch every calorie.

Getting older is no fun :wink:

it ain't for sissies for sure :o