Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2017, 11:31 pm

Can fish oil pills help with your memory?

Keigan
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Mar 2017, 7:20 pm

They do more for cardio-vascular than anything else.

You might try B12 and B6 for brain activity.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 7:52 pm

They are also helpful for reducing inflammation in conditions like arthritis.

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 12:55 am

Dunno but I try to dump cod liver oil pills down my gob on a routine basis, when they accidentally brush my tongue though I shudder, fish in congealed form EWWWW but they're useful for my submerged system to digest.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

26 Mar 2017, 4:42 pm

Some think they can help with mental stuff but I've been taking one 2wice a day for a few years now & haven't noticed any mental improvement. I tried B vitamins for a bit & didn't notice any mental improvement either. I wonder if a stimulant would help.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

geedee
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2017, 6:12 pm

I've taken fish oil pills for six months and haven't noticed any improvement though I guess I'd need to take some sort of controlled memory tests to be sure of any difference in my memory abilities. Similar with Ginseng. I've thought about trying Ginkgo Biloba which is recommended by some health food supplement advisors but since there's no clear medical proof, I'll stick with fish oil pills since there's medical evidence they do help the heart.

Deathbox
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Apr 2017, 11:37 am

Keigan wrote:
They do more for cardio-vascular than anything else.

You might try B12 and B6 for brain activity.

I second this, and maybe a little bit of tyrosine for the kicker!

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2017, 5:07 pm

I take them, along with niacin, to reduce my cholesterol levels. I've also been a lot less manic taking the fish oil.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Apr 2017, 6:57 pm

Meistersinger wrote:
I take them, along with niacin, to reduce my cholesterol levels. I've also been a lot less manic taking the fish oil.
I been taking fish oil for a couple years now & last year I started taking half a gram of niacin 3x a day after each meal cuz my cholesterol was high. I had blood work a few months ago & it was still high. My GP said she would prescribe me a med if I was 10 years older. She pushing me to exercise more & eat healthier which I'm going to do now that the weather is getting better. I'm not sure if the fish oil & niacin had any effect on my cholesterol but maybe others have better luck than me.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2017, 7:53 pm

nick007 wrote:
Meistersinger wrote:
I been taking fish oil for a couple years now & last year I started taking half a gram of niacin 3x a day after each meal cuz my cholesterol was high. I had blood work a few months ago & it was still high. My GP said she would prescribe me a med if I was 10 years older. She pushing me to exercise more & eat healthier which I'm going to do now that the weather is getting better. I'm not sure if the fish oil & niacin had any effect on my cholesterol but maybe others have better luck than me.

My doctor had me try several statins before the niacin and fish oil. I had projectile diarrhea while on the statins. I'll take blushing while taking niacin over projectile diarrhea any day :mrgreen: