Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 12:09 pm

Breaking news, so keep your On The Media breaking news viewer's guide handy.

Quote:
"This is America. We should have the right to go out and have a good time, and we should not be expecting that gunfights will take place in nightclubs," Mayor John Cranley said.

No, we have a right to own guns without government interference. Learn the Constitution.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 1:30 pm

CINCINNATI crime ranking is 2 out of 100 (1=most likely victim of crime, 100 = safest neighborhood)
https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/oh/cincinnati/crime

(Detroit is 4 out of 100)

Sounds like business as usual there in Cinci

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 1:46 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
Quote:
"This is America. We should have the right to go out and have a good time, and we should not be expecting that gunfights will take place in nightclubs," Mayor John Cranley said.

No, we have a right to own guns without government interference. Learn the Constitution.

I want it all.

The right to go out and have a good time without the expectation that gunfights will take place in nightclubs,
and
the right to own guns without government interference.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 8:12 pm

Quote:
To get in, clubgoers had been searched with an electronic wand to detect hidden weapons.

Another one of those nice safe gun-free zones...
:roll: :roll:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/26/us/ohio-nightclub-shooting/

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 3:57 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
Breaking news, so keep your On The Media breaking news viewer's guide handy.

Quote:

You need to learn the Constitution. Let me help you. Constitution 101

Quote:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

You have a right to have a well regulated Militia, to secure the free state. That is all the Constitution says about it. And even if the Constitution said what you think it does, it still wouldn't give you the unconditional right to own guns. Even Constitutional rights have limitations. You have freedom of speech, but you don't have the right yell "fire" in a theater.

Last edited by 0regonGuy on 28 Mar 2017, 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 4:04 am

0regonGuy wrote:
You need to learn the Constitution. Constitution 101

Quote:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

You have a right to have a well regulated Militia, to secure the free state. That is all the Constitution says about it.

Fixed that for you, reading comprehension 101 and all.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

28 Mar 2017, 6:43 am

weird how the story completely fails to mention the motive or who even did the shooting, just that one happened

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 12:14 pm

As we saw with the London attack, guns aren't necessary to commit mass murder. I remember once reading about a man stabbing 20 or so people with a knife somewhere in China.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2017, 2:54 pm

0regonGuy wrote:

Quote:

You have a right to have a well regulated Militia, to secure the free state. That is all the Constitution says about it.

SURELY, you're joking!! Knowing grammar, and being able to read COMMAS, is VERY important!! The first two commas surround what is known, in grammar, as a QUALIFIER----in this case, they give more information about the noun, "militia"----and, "militia" is defined in the Oxford Dictionary, as CIVILIANS (as in "the people", after the second comma)! !

It does NOT say ANYTHING about having a right to a militia!! If it said what YOU'RE saying, it would be worded, something like: "The people have a right to a militia, that keeps and bears arms"----and besides, you're making it like a militia means the U.S. Army, for instance, and it DOESN'T.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2017, 3:32 pm

the simple answer to that is that the constitution does not grant rights but protects them, a well regulated militia is not a requirement and in 18th century terms 'well regulated' meant well equipped as in we have a right to bear & keep arms so we can form a well regulated militia if need be. I would say the original intent of the 2nd amendment goes even further and would allow ownership of most modern weapons that are used in our professional military.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2017, 4:30 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
0regonGuy wrote:

Quote:

SURELY, you're joking!! Knowing grammar, and being able to read COMMAS, is VERY important!! The first two commas surround what is known, in grammar, as a QUALIFIER----in this case, they give more information about the noun, "militia"----and, "militia" is defined in the Oxford Dictionary, as CIVILIANS (as in "the people", after the second comma)! !

It does NOT say ANYTHING about having a right to a militia!! If it said what YOU'RE saying, it would be worded, something like: "The people have a right to a militia, that keeps and bears arms"----and besides, you're making it like a militia means the U.S. Army, for instance, and it DOESN'T.

Consider the source.
This is the same person that after the Charleston church shooting two years ago said this:
0regonGuy wrote:
NRA terrorists strike again.

https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=288062

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2017, 4:50 pm

Yeah, CC, but the sentence structure clearly indicates that responsible citizens will keep socially beneficial uses of weapons in mind when bearing them. Otherwise, it would say: Gunfights in the streets being necessary... and so on.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2017, 4:59 pm

Any guesses why the media dropped this story like a hot potato?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2017, 6:32 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Any guesses why the media dropped this story like a hot potato?

Assumption that it was just another bunch of blacks shooting each other and in a flyover state to boot, no apparent terrorism or hate crime angle.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2017, 6:58 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
Yeah, CC, but the sentence structure clearly indicates that responsible citizens will keep socially beneficial uses of weapons in mind when bearing them.

And, we DO!! Like I said on the gun thread, we "gun culture" people, follow the law, to the "T"----if, for no other reason, than because we don't want anybody to have any reason, to take them away from us.

Also, we gun-culture people will be the FIRST ones in-line, should we be "called to arms" to defend our country, because we're Constitutionalists, and take it VERY seriously.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2017, 4:13 am

I forgot I'm a self hating gun owner in Bizarro World. I know more than one amendment.