Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

W91T
Toucan
Toucan

27 Mar 2017, 8:19 pm

Hi. Is it normal to go on a date first, and then see how you feel, or is it normal to know each other from before, and then go on a date?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 8:21 pm

I've experienced both.

To me, it's probably better if you get to know the person before you go out on a date.

Keigan
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Mar 2017, 9:41 pm

Agreed, it is easier to get to know someone first prior to going on a date - though either way can be fun.

W91T
Toucan
Toucan

01 Apr 2017, 4:21 pm

Thank you, I was just wondering because there are so many people choosing the other way.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

30 Apr 2017, 11:28 pm

The problem with getting to know someone 1st is that you could end up in the just friends category with them but like the other posters said is that either way can work thou.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2017, 9:09 am

Both work really.

As for how to choose someone to go on a date with? If you think something along the lines of "I would like to know this person better", that is enough of a reason to go on a date.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2017, 2:52 pm

Date and see how it goes...though you have to actually keep tabs of how its going, or you can end up feeling led on because you assume they're really interested but you don't talk about it or really know what is going on in their head and then they move on. Also I think it is good to get to know each other a bit before having sex...based on my experience, establish what the status of the relationship is first.

It certainly isn't bad to date someone you already know if they are interested, but if you don't have any datable people you already know then you have to date/meet people you're interested in to get to know them. Or you can see if your family/friends will try and hook you up with dates...but that can certainly be a little akward, My mom sort of tried that one time(though I did not ask her to) and the guy seemed cool enough but I wasn't particularly interested and I don't think he was very interested in me. We exchanged myyearbook accounts(this was before that site went to hell) and then never connected any further.

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2017, 3:10 pm

SweetLeaf has given a very sensible answer.

Allow me to present an alternative.

Gladiatorial combat.

Arm the women with swords and have them fight in an arena of blood and sand.

Start with 16 and have them fight one on one until only a single woman remains, marry her, she is worthy.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2017, 3:48 pm

Get to know the person first on a platonic level to begin with. If you like the person and it is reciprocated, then slowly acknowledge the fact that the person you show interest in getting to know better could be someone you could end up in a relationship with.

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2017, 4:05 pm

I want to figure out how to go on a date first and see how it goes...yeah, I said that way.

W91T
Toucan
Toucan

11 May 2017, 10:11 am

Thank you for your answers. It's going to be hard to recognize if the person is interested, but I'll try. If only gladiatorial combat had been an option

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2017, 1:24 pm

W91T wrote:
Thank you for your answers. It's going to be hard to recognize if the person is interested, but I'll try. If only gladiatorial combat had been an option

What options have you picked?

W91T
Toucan
Toucan

11 May 2017, 1:40 pm

K_Kelly wrote:
W91T wrote:

What options have you picked?

See how the person is at first, but maybe not wait for too long

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2017, 1:58 pm

If I have sexual interest, I like to make it known early. That doesn't mean anything will happen immediately, or happen ever. Getting to know people happens in many ways, and I would have to get hypothetical to imagine a way for people to get together that's truly abnormal. Go do what you both enjoy.

W91T
Toucan
Toucan

13 May 2017, 6:08 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
If I have sexual interest, I like to make it known early. That doesn't mean anything will happen immediately, or happen ever. Getting to know people happens in many ways, and I would have to get hypothetical to imagine a way for people to get together that's truly abnormal. Go do what you both enjoy.

Can't imagine myself doing it really

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2017, 11:21 am

W91T wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:

Can't imagine myself doing it really

If you could imagine it, what would it look like?