Laughing at things 'neurotypical' people wouldn't find funny

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

antnego
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Mar 2017, 12:46 am

I have a built-in entertainment system between my ears.

My neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 82 of 200

I am very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2017, 12:38 pm

I bet you can get a lot of friends and even a lady with your awesome sense of humor. I'm also being serious about this.

mauloch_baal
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Mar 2017, 3:38 pm

antnego wrote:
komamanga wrote:
My favorite topic of fun must be poop lol. I can still go on and on talking about poop and laughing. (I have gut issues so I have plenty of reference.)

I didn't care for the attitude of the Starbucks barista this morning. I fantasized about taking a poop in the middle of the drive-thru lane and then imagined frightened people trying to swerve around it unsuccessfully.

That made me lol.

antnego
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Mar 2017, 4:13 pm

Corny wrote:
I bet you can get a lot of friends and even a lady with your awesome sense of humor. I'm also being serious about this.

It's also my primary defense. I can have trouble getting "real" with people. So, sometimes my humor is a disguise.

Picking up women is a skill that can be built, like learning a new programming language. Once you learn some of it, it's extremely empowering.

So I had my share of ladies. I found NT women frustrating, because they seem to live in "opposite land" and often hide their true intentions (play games). The game was fun for a bit, but exhausting. I eventually settled down with someone I could see eye to eye with. Her brain is wired like mine.

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2017, 4:37 pm

antnego wrote:
Corny wrote:

It's also my primary defense. I can have trouble getting "real" with people. So, sometimes my humor is a disguise.

Picking up women is a skill that can be built, like learning a new programming language. Once you learn some of it, it's extremely empowering.

So I had my share of ladies. I found NT women frustrating, because they seem to live in "opposite land" and often hide their true intentions (play games). The game was fun for a bit, but exhausting. I eventually settled down with someone I could see eye to eye with. Her brain is wired like mine.

What do you mean by games? And the woman your with now. Are you 2 married and have kids? Does she have autism too like me and you?

antnego
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Mar 2017, 6:29 pm

Corny wrote:
antnego wrote:
Corny wrote:

What do you mean by games? And the woman your with now. Are you 2 married and have kids? Does she have autism too like me and you?

I mean, some women can play games with you. They can string you along and make you do their bidding, only to cut you loose in the end. Some women will "friendzone" guys that they know are attracted to them to get emotional attention, but refuse to go further than friends.

Yes, I am married and I have one kid. I don't think it's my business to diagnose my wife with Asperger's, but she had some social and learning deficits growing up and required Special Ed early on. She didn't look at people in the eye until college. Now she's an engineer and doing pretty well. My daughter is 20 mos and will be participating in speech and behavioral therapy.

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2017, 10:42 pm

antnego wrote:
Corny wrote:
antnego wrote:
Corny wrote:

I mean, some women can play games with you. They can string you along and make you do their bidding, only to cut you loose in the end. Some women will "friendzone" guys that they know are attracted to them to get emotional attention, but refuse to go further than friends.

Yes, I am married and I have one kid. I don't think it's my business to diagnose my wife with Asperger's, but she had some social and learning deficits growing up and required Special Ed early on. She didn't look at people in the eye until college. Now she's an engineer and doing pretty well. My daughter is 20 mos and will be participating in speech and behavioral therapy.

Aw that's great! I bet she's a handful. And why would she be in therapy early? Do you think she has autism too and getting her diagnosed early.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2017, 9:31 am

I'm not the sort of person who laughs out loud frequently, to the point of nearly wetting my pants, as the tired old saying goes. I usually smile and am amused. I am always amused by the behavior of my pets and like working with words. I am entertained by foreign, exotic names, probably because my own name is atypical. I don't like scripted jokes out of book, which are old at best, nasty at worst.

There are times, however, when I have laughed at times I didn't want to. I laughed out of nervousness, not when something was actually funny.

antnego
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Apr 2017, 12:05 pm

Corny wrote:
antnego wrote:
Corny wrote:
antnego wrote:
Corny wrote:

Aw that's great! I bet she's a handful. And why would she be in therapy early? Do you think she has autism too and getting her diagnosed early.

She's too young to diagnose, but her developmental pediatrician wants to start therapy early to preemptively treat future problems. She is slow to respond to her name, stims (spinning, stomping), has slightly delayed speech, and is completely oblivious to strangers - not even an anxious response. It's like others in the room are objects rather than people. She's okay with people she's attached to.

This_Amoeba
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2017, 12:07 pm

I laugh at weird stuff all the time, like a receptionists phone conversations in the waiting room.

idonthaveanickname
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Apr 2017, 1:42 pm

I still think farts are funny and even the word "fart". I also giggle at words like "come", "balls" and "period". This would be okay for someone in Jr. High school, but a 36-year-old like me? I also find it comical when somebody falls down and also when people's voices and movements are sped up.

antnego
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Apr 2017, 3:10 pm

idonthaveanickname wrote:
I still think farts are funny and even the word "fart". I also giggle at words like "come", "balls" and "period". This would be okay for someone in Jr. High school, but a 36-year-old like me? I also find it comical when somebody falls down and also when people's voices and movements are sped up.

I laugh at all those words, too.

Screw it, you only live once :P

When I was a kid, I used to think adults had to dress in suits all of the time, and that all adults were super-serious. It was a requirement of adulthood, with no room for
immaturity.

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2017, 8:08 pm

antnego wrote:
Corny wrote:
antnego wrote:
Corny wrote:
antnego wrote:
Corny wrote:

She's too young to diagnose, but her developmental pediatrician wants to start therapy early to preemptively treat future problems. She is slow to respond to her name, stims (spinning, stomping), has slightly delayed speech, and is completely oblivious to strangers - not even an anxious response. It's like others in the room are objects rather than people. She's okay with people she's attached to.

I was diagnosed when I was 2. And re diagnosed when I was 15.