Page 203 of 282 [ 4512 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206 ... 282  Next

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2022, 7:20 pm

hoping Isabella and her daughter get well soon .. and her fireplace person is affordable .
Meanwhile had food delivered but realized , i still did not have enough to make through this oncoming cold snap . Had to shop for a few things anyhow. but am out of quaranteen .
Still dealing with breathing issues and clarity of my thinking.
Plugged in the battery warmer on other not working car. That is outside. Swept off the porch.
lungs did not like the cold air .But it needed to be done.

where ever you go ,there you are

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2022, 7:28 pm

I got groceries today. My dad came through and took me so I wouldn't have to go do it by myself. Good looking out on his end. Thanks, Pops. It was crowded in there, low on stock, not a great, easy time. Still, I managed to do so without needing much decompress time after and I'm calling that a huge win.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2022, 7:29 pm

i'd love for somebody to help me with mine. like a grocery-getting service. then i'd never have to leave the house and be around people.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2022, 7:49 pm

Jakki wrote:
hoping Isabella and her daughter get well soon .. and her fireplace person is affordable .
Meanwhile had food delivered but realized , i still did not have enough to make through this oncoming cold snap . Had to shop for a few things anyhow. but am out of quaranteen .
Plugged in the battery warmer on other not working car. That is outside. Swept off the porch.

I wish we could help each other.

:(

I make a big pot of stew if you'd like some.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2022, 8:05 pm

Sweated insanely
Wasp sting on left elbow
Cut down 2 dead trees
Sawed trees into firewood
Stacked firewood
Cut out 2 lantana bushes
Pulled out rats tail grass and hung it on the fence to dry
Cleaned up

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2022, 8:11 pm

Managed to get my bin stuck / frozen in the snow bank which is about four feet deep. The snowplow came by and buried it so it wasn't even collected, so it's overflowing but I look like an idiot because I can't bring it in. Likely can't for several days. Everyone else has able-bodied husbands who plowed their driveway and then re-shovelled after the snowplow on the street, so they put their bin on nicely cleared driveways for collection. But no, I have to be the eccentric disabled, single homeowner lady (and an idiot to boot), unable to clear my own snow, and I had to pay a bleeding fortune for someone to do the driveway for me, by which time the bin was already stuck in the snowbank and uncollected.

Because I guess I love looking like an idiot and being helpless all the time.

And watching everyone else's husband out there first thing in the morning chatting up the neighbours and making everything right for my Stepford Wives community, where I suck and I'm a loser and I hate this.

Rant over.

But really I look like an idiot now.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2022, 8:15 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Jakki wrote:

I wish we could help each other.

:(

I make a big pot of stew if you'd like some.

That would be sooo nice .. good company and support is a lovely thing to find . And if no other reason a warm bowl of stew is heavenly in this bitter cold weather.. :D :D TY

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2022, 8:54 pm

dear Isabella when your handling multiple tasks and some of them create stubborn obstacles , it can be easy to get down on yourself . And create general frustration for your living circumstances.
Am hoping your situation improves very soon and your snow melts off . Have even desl with some very hateful neighbours whom have made efforts to make it hard to live here , because i did not embrace the advances of their relatives they sent here. All with criminal records i found later.

Can relate when i first came out of the hospital , could not even get food delivered because they wanted too much money to deliver food which would spoil before i got to use it all . 24 hours later did have some food delivered courtesy of the hospital support system . Thank heaven but most of the food was meant for someone who was not disabled .So had to be creative.But that is,something , i have been good at in the past. And have saved at least a weeks worth of canned food now .Was lucky enough to have at least one friend whom came through for me and did clear my drive. after the snow.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2022, 9:14 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Managed to get my bin stuck / frozen in the snow bank which is about four feet deep. The snowplow came by and buried it so it wasn't even collected, so it's overflowing but I look like an idiot because I can't bring it in. Likely can't for several days. Everyone else has able-bodied husbands who plowed their driveway and then re-shovelled after the snowplow on the street, so they put their bin on nicely cleared driveways for collection. But no, I have to be the eccentric disabled, single homeowner lady (and an idiot to boot), unable to clear my own snow, and I had to pay a bleeding fortune for someone to do the driveway for me, by which time the bin was already stuck in the snowbank and uncollected.

Because I guess I love looking like an idiot and being helpless all the time.

And watching everyone else's husband out there first thing in the morning chatting up the neighbours and making everything right for my Stepford Wives community, where I suck and I'm a loser and I hate this.

Rant over.

But really I look like an idiot now.

Maybe you could move to Miami. or Maybe take up weight-lifting, cardio. Or maybe find a young man with lots of stamina who can do all that work for you lol. I don't know. Don't beat yourself up about it. It doesn't make you an idiot.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2022, 9:14 pm

Thanks Jakki. I'm glad to hear you're making small strides as well, even though it's so hard with trauma and disabilities. I understand about the food thing. What I hate as well is that everything comes in such huge portion sizes from the grocer or even takeaway. My daughter and I eat very few foods in common, but even if we did there would be tremendous waste. Usually we want one or two of something but it comes in packs of eight or ten. We also get taxed here if we buy anything in a single size portion instead of family size because I guess single people are losers. Cooking the stuff is yet another issue for me because I have trouble with coordinating both hands after my stroke. (That's also why shovelling is hard). My daughter went to Chef school but she can't cook much anymore either because of her own physical disabilities and sensory issues.

I'm glad you were able to be creative and you have friends to help. Our roads are mostly closed meaning we couldn't get my daughter's medicine delivered today and no one I know could come to help. I only have two people to rely on but they're often busy and when I'm sick I don't even want them coming around. I hate asking for help just like you do. My neighbourhood truly is a bunch of WASP, NT, hetero couples. I know the people so I'm not generalising. I just hate looking like such an idiot all the time because I'm useless with outdoor tasks.

Sorry for the long rant. It's been one of those days. I hope things cheer up for you, and I'm glad you're enjoying the stew!

:heart:

Prisoner - I can't move anywhere. I'm a caregiver for my mother and my daughter.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2022, 9:35 pm

@ Isabella , i hope you are able to rest well as your day ends .. Understood about lacking
dexterity with both hands .... My body doesn't hold up very well to outdoors physical stresses but , i am determined and a merciful doctor has prescribed very limited pain killers for those days..
The nextday after can be a challege after doing that stuff too. Rest well.

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 3:31 pm

Jakki wrote:
measured in direct sunlight some 15 or more years ago voltmeter output was 14 vdc .. recently during last years install still 14 volts in direct sunlight.

These are likely not "nominally" 12 volt panels, then. You measured what would be considered "open circuit" voltage, meaning with no load on the panel (other than the very high impedance load of the meter itself).

As a comparison, the "12-volt" panel that I used on the old Gym has the following specs:

The "VOC" spec is of most relevance, as that's about what the panel would generate, if measured just like you did with yours. Yours are more likely nominally "6V" or so. You can put two of your panels in series, and likely be in the range of voltage that a 12V charge controller could handle, as long as the panels are identical, and have aged similarly.

Darron

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 4:18 pm

Uh oh… panel has been already installed and wired ….. this VOC issue is disturbing. But judging by what you wrote and the specifications on the label means , I have wasted my time the install took almost 6 months at my rate of ability to work. :( ….. maybe I can find a five volt .. light to wire into the circuit . And make a porch light for the shed it is mounted on … USB is pretty close to 6 volts . Such is life.

But I did manage to get a meal in me.

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 6:26 pm

Jakki wrote:
Uh oh… panel has been already installed and wired ….. this VOC issue is disturbing. But judging by what you wrote and the specifications on the label means , I have wasted my time the install took almost 6 months at my rate of ability to work. :( ….. maybe I can find a five volt .. light to wire into the circuit . And make a porch light for the shed it is mounted on … USB is pretty close to 6 volts . Such is life.

But I did manage to get a meal in me.

There are charge controllers that can take a lower panel voltage, and step it up to a higher battery voltage.
That might be an option, to use your existing panel with a 12V (or higher) battery.

Darron

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 7:50 pm

have never seen such a beast as a voltage step up voltage charge controller .?
Successfully made a dinner again, got myself fed .! yaay. Handled 4-5 phone calls today none of them were good news. But got them over with.

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 10:07 pm

walked the exercise loop for the last time until next time in town, mostly hairy-legs (men) but a couple milfs and lawyers
went to the storage, just dropped off stuff and left disappointed as the plan was to organize
prepped to go on the road again, going to interview mom for history and timeline
took a shower
ate some chocolate