Page 208 of 282 [ 4512 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211 ... 282  Next

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 11:56 am

I survived

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 12:45 pm

Sometimes survival can be the best a person can do .. And in some situations the best one could hope for.

where ever you go ,there you are

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 7:12 pm

Practiced hiragana, and later did some stretches. Still feel way too fatigued to actually exercise.

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 7:21 pm

exercised
ate some chocolate
rented a movie for tonight
discovered I was wrong last year, damn third time in 10 years

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 10:39 pm

Got through people coming onto the property and home area. To do some work here… am not fond of people in my space .. whatever the reason ..Even if I know it is necessary . Am still run down by their being here, And I have pay them to be here and do needed work, Wish I had a NT or someone to deal with this stuff. Even , idk how that would work. But they got substantial stuff done and will try to be ready for tomarrow

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 2:24 am

Not a fan of most people around either.

Finished moving recovered lumber to the bigger pile of lumber, which I don't mind as mostly physically able here. Being lighter helps when you use a wheelbarrow to do most of the work (about 150 yards away and minus 20, so I have gravity to assist there), as you don't get worn out as quickly.

There's enough scrap there to build a shack if I was ever really bored, and there's also roofing too.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 9:15 am

Cleaned the kitchen counters and floor. That is all.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 10:19 am

I learned Road Atlanta in 10 minutes, Road America in 20, Mosport in 30 and Calabogie in 15 (in a sim, not for real).

I emailed two different local Champ Car teams (formerly Chump Car, not the old Indy car series) about arrive and drive deals they do, one of them also participates in Lucky Dog Racing (another, even lower tier of racing). It's all endurance racing and you divide seat time between 2-4 drivers.

I hoping to get a quote to participate in an event either at Mosport or Calabogie. If I can afford it I might get to drive a real race car in a real race. :mrgreen:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 10:54 am

^^best of luck. Interesting to see your track learning times, it was always hard for me to learn a new track. I had to do a full track day session of starting slow laps and increasing to mid range, then sit down and run the track thru my mind. Second session at below mid range to 80% (track days) and then more riding the track in my mind. On race day, I basically had to do the same but increased speed during practice.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 10:55 am

Managed to understand about %50 of the 9585857565 pieces of information a coworker told me, in about 20 minutes. How do neurotypical brains manage to catch all that with their intuition, yet they can't even learn to speak another language?

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 11:03 am

Am expecting to try to shop for groceries. Badly needed, before the Plummer arrives to hopefully assess and fix the previously frozen plumbing . :roll: Temperatures have been very low here .

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 11:16 am

txfz1 wrote:
^^best of luck. Interesting to see your track learning times, it was always hard for me to learn a new track. I had to do a full track day session of starting slow laps and increasing to mid range, then sit down and run the track thru my mind. Second session at below mid range to 80% (track days) and then more riding the track in my mind. On race day, I basically had to do the same but increased speed during practice.

I'm really surprised I picked them up so quickly because normally learning a new track takes me hours, never minutes. It's also usually harder with other cars on the track but everything seemed to just click for me today. Last night I relearned The Greyhound with a similar learning curve, but chalked it up to lots of practice years ago.

Mosport was the only one of the tracks I tried learning today I have any experience on, and it was still the hardest. :lol:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 11:18 am

AprilR wrote:
Managed to understand about %50 of the 9585857565 pieces of information a coworker told me, in about 20 minutes. How do neurotypical brains manage to catch all that with their intuition, yet they can't even learn to speak another language?

You seem pretty bright to me, learning languages is hard. I would rather remember things. I would love to be a polylinguist though, because then I could be secret agent man. That's what they look for, more languages you know, more eligible you are, more of a valuable asset you could be. Ya know, maybe you could join intelligence services! if this job doesn't work out. Be a female James bond lol. April 007. Okay, back to the real world....good luck with the job.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 11:37 am

theprisoner wrote:
AprilR wrote:

You seem pretty bright to me, learning languages is hard. I would rather remember things. I would love to be a polylinguist though, because then I could be secret agent man. That's what they look for, more languages you know, more eligible you are, more of a valuable asset you could be. Ya know, maybe you could join intelligence services! if this job doesn't work out. Be a female James bond lol. April 007. Okay, back to the real world....good luck with the job.

Thanks, but only knowing a foreign language doesn't amount to much here. I remember seeing a homeless man who knew 5 languages. How "gifted" and "lucky" we are indeed.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 4:23 pm

Quickly read an article for my class and am on my way to a dental appointment.

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 8:25 pm

visited with cousin
took mom out to eat
ate some chocolate
researched meditation techniques