Page 254 of 282 [ 4512 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 256, 257 ... 282  Next

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 3:56 pm

Nothing.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2022, 10:36 am

Achieved a new appreciation for post surgical pain . :roll:

where ever you go ,there you are

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2022, 11:21 am

Managing to do all of my physio exercises is a triumph in itself.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2022, 6:12 pm

Cleaned and organized my apartment, went to the park, cooked, bought food.

MuddRM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jun 2022, 7:11 pm

Some time ago, I placed an ad on Craigslist to sell my Mac Pro 4,1 (aka the Cheesegrater) since 1) I got tired trying to get Open Core boot loader to work between MacOS Monterey, Windows 10 and Linux Mint 21, 2) I had just purchased a Mac Pro 6,1 (aka, the trash can), and I 3, I just ran up a substantial medical by by visiting a endocrinologist, a neurologist, and physical therapy, since 1) my PCP just diagnosed me with stage 3 chronic kidney disease, (no thanks to type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure) and continuing lower back pail.

I specified in the ad that this machine was for sale to residents of York County, PA and payment was to be by cash, certified cashiers check or money order, as my bank does not support electronic payment by Zelle, or Venmo. I got a reply to my ad by someone in FL, that he would pay my asking price, and he would send me a cashier’s check, and have a relative local to me pick up the machine.

Earlier this week, I received the check from a different person in FL. The check contained in that envelope was drawn on the account of a holding company affiliated by a Shriner’s lodge in VA for 6 times the amount I was asking for the machine. Being taken aback by the amount, I took the check (drawn on Truist Bank of NC) to the local Truist branch local to me. The branch would not give me any information on whether funds were available on this account, and intimated that this was not a valid account number, even though the actual check was printed on valid check paper, with all the security features present.

Since the check was sent from FL, I called my former landlord, who relocated to FL, runs a private investigation firm, and is a retired Baltimore City Cop. In his opinion, this check and purchase is a scam, and told me to tear up the check. While I still have the check intact, I did report what happened to the local police. The local detective asked me to photograph the front and back of the check and email the photos to him.

When I got up this morning, there was a voicemail left by the detective sometime yesterday. I called the police station (which is located in the township building), and the receptionist said the detective will be out until Monday,)

Since then, my anxiety has been through the roof. I’ve been screwed over one time too many in regards to money over the past 25 years, from the Pentagon contractor issuing 2 supposedly bad checks, which HR for the company said were written on sweepover accounts, to a money laundering scheme I got caught in, To being screwed over by my brothers, when I built pc’s for them, and now this.

Any wonder I’m a recluse?

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2022, 6:43 am

Hey Muddrm hope your health … improves good luck on those issues! I get what your talking about people going a very long way to rip you off. Have started seeing this type of fraud on a nationwide scale. It ever seems to be occurring in Medicare in’s. Companies .Aswell. Please be careful . 8O Totally understood about creating a Hermitage for yourself . Am knowing other Aspies that appear to be going that route.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2022, 11:45 pm

I finished my thesis defense while maintaining stable physiological indications.
With getting no scolding

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2022, 11:49 pm

got out of bed again to face another day.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2022, 4:24 am

Am yet healing again for another day…… my brain wants to go do things my leg , not so much today.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2022, 1:21 pm

Assertiveness.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2022, 9:06 pm

Chemist this morning. It felt like a dream, which is always fun (sorta fun in a way, interesting). Got another bagful of rapid antigen tests thrown at me for "free". We get a lot of medication I've just now realized. :| Paid bills. Gonna go for a walk to hopefully wake up.

The rest of the day is unknown, as that's the future.

Relax_on_Standby
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Jun 2022, 11:53 pm

cleaned out my closet the first time in 5 years.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2022, 6:48 am

Learning more patience with extra disabilities brought on by my recent surgery. Do hope there is a end in sight coming ?

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2022, 5:44 pm

Found my dog’s boots, now I don’t have to try to keep him off of the sidewalk to avoid burning his feet.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2022, 11:27 pm

I washed and dried all sheets and blankets on my bed, which usually takes me two days to finish, but this time it only took me one day.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2022, 12:14 am

Researched decking, as I'm not sure what floorboards I want to use for the deck. Composite is water resistant, which sounds nice, even if more expensive. I've been quite slow with this, but that's alright. It's not going anywhere and it can work around how I'm feeling.

Mowed one side of the yard, which I should do more frequently, but I try to conserve fuel as I get it from a neighbor, and I feel bad for that one.

Worried about my mother. Flu-like symptoms, but hasn't been anywhere. :?

E: Blah, new page. Sorry...lostonearth35. Good job with the washing and drying there. I'm not a fan of doing such.