Page 157 of 282 [ 4512 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160 ... 282  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 2:52 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
dragged body back and forth from mailbox.

whose?

me own, on two canes, i should try to find a pair of crutches someplace. an electric cart sure would be nice at this point. god please call me home now.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 2:59 pm

auntblabby wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

whose?

me own, on two canes, i should try to find a pair of crutches someplace. an electric cart sure would be nice at this point. god please call me home now.

:( :( :(

I'm so sorry it's so bad. I'd send you my walker if I could. I'm sure you've tried everything, but is there a chance you could advertise for one online or through local churches, hospitals, charity groups, and ... funeral parlours? I hate to say but I've heard that they often know of carts and wheelchairs which are no longer needed. Surely there is a good samaritan out there somewhere who can help you with assistive devices? Does your doctor know you are in desperate need? The fact you are an army vet and you are autistic might really attract people who would like to help.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 3:04 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

whose?

:( :( :( I'm so sorry it's so bad. I'd send you my walker if I could. I'm sure you've tried everything, but is there a chance you could advertise for one online or through local churches, hospitals, charity groups, and ... funeral parlours? I hate to say but I've heard that they often know of carts and wheelchairs which are no longer needed. Surely there is a good Samaritan out there somewhere who can help you with assistive devices? Does your doctor know you are in desperate need? The fact you are an army vet and you are autistic might really attract people who would like to help.

thank you for caring :heart: as doc would say, "things are tough all over." he himself was dragging himself around on a cane because his back failed him. the crippled leading the crippled. i am a VA [Veteran's Administration] client and since trumpy packed VA management full of his sociopathic crooks service to vets has been basically frozen unless one is 100% disability-rated/agent orange exposure. they have priority. everybody else on 2+ year waiting list.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 3:08 pm

Advertise on your classified online. I'll write it for you.

______, age ____, army vet, _______ , disabled, ____, autistic, _____ , living alone, difficult terrain, cut off from VA office, _____ _______ _________, past injuries, lack of insurance, etc.

I'll milk it for all it's worth.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 3:20 pm

thank you :heart: the only reason i have not done a go-fund-me is that there are folks [vets] far worse off than me, and i'd be ashamed to impose.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 3:24 pm

auntblabby wrote:
thank you :heart: the only reason i have not done a go-fund-me is that there are folks [vets] far worse off than me, and i'd be ashamed to impose.

I don't know how to do one, and I wouldn't do it without your consent, but that's a great idea. Yes there are folks far worse off. There are also folks far ... better off ... who ask for help if they need it. No one is forced to donate. Would you consider it if your sister were to help?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 3:33 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I don't know how to do one, and I wouldn't do it without your consent, but that's a great idea. Yes there are folks far worse off. There are also folks far ... better off ... who ask for help if they need it. No one is forced to donate. Would you consider it if your sister were to help?

my sister just had her hubby pass away from C, so i will not impose on her. things ARE tough all over, at least in my neck of the woods.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 5:40 pm

We got a lot of weeds out of the garden.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 5:47 pm

auntblabby wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

whose?

I'm really sorry to hear that you don't have a better way to get around, and that acquiring something to help you is so hard. :(

I think if you could manage one it'd be a good idea to do a Go-Fund-Me. Like Isa said, there are people a lot better off who still ask for help on there, and people are happy enough to donate to them. What you need shouldn't be costly enough to be imposing much on anyone, either.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 5:47 pm

auntblabby wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

my sister just had her hubby pass away from C, so i will not impose on her. things ARE tough all over, at least in my neck of the woods.

8O Oh my God. I had no idea, blabbs. I'm so, so sorry to hear that. Prayers for you both.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 5:51 pm

I didn't know your situation was so rough, Blabby.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 5:55 pm

thank you KK, thank you Isabella, thank you Hero :heart:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 6:29 pm

Have you tried R & J Mobility services, Blabs?

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 7:02 pm

:heart: @ auntblabby

where ever you go ,there you are

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 7:05 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Have you tried R & J Mobility services, Blabs?

there is a place out here in sumner, WA [Mobility Systems] that helped my dad out but he got the benefit due to being 100% disabled vet, i lack the disability rating so no goodies from them for me. i am shopping around and willing to go into major debt for a new kinda folding electric scooter i could use. i will need to get a ramp built. details, details.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 7:06 pm

Jakki wrote:
:heart: @ auntblabby

:heart: @ Jakki :)