Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2017, 10:37 pm

Joining the ranks of we so-called Tin-Foil Hat-Wearing Crazy Conspiracy Theorists of course !
You can start by watching this documentary in full in regards to the Fraudulent Scheme of the I.R.S.

Make sure to watch and read and listen to all five parts of course. Pay careful attention to it all.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2017, 10:41 pm

Ban-Dodger wrote:
Joining the ranks of we so-called Tin-Foil Hat-Wearing Crazy Conspiracy Theorists of course !
Speaking of which, I wonder what's on Coast to Coast AM tonight?

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 9:19 pm

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
Awkward wrote:
- Drawing / painting :jester: : I'm good at drawing, my arts teacher in high school selected my painting for exhibition. But I will need to practice if I select this.

- Sports :bball: : I think my motor skills aren't good ...

- Other (please specify :!: ).

Those can kinda be blended in to making kites from found objects.
http://www.my-best-kite.com/

it's easier to enjoy doing something if you are good at it.

but sometimes it serves a functional purpose to practice something you are bad at.

anti_gone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Jul 2017, 10:22 am

Awkward wrote:
Possible options:

- Drawing / painting :jester: : I'm good at drawing, my arts teacher in high school selected my painting for exhibition. But I will need to practice if I select this.

Reading books :study: : I like reading but I rarely do that. :(

- Playing instruments / composing music :hail: : I don't play any instrument. But I can try composing music digitally for hobby.

- Sports :bball: : I think my motor skills aren't good so this will be my last choice. If you want me to select this please specify the branch (basketball, football...).

- Other (please specify :!: ).

Now please tell me which one I should do or you can tell me some other things to do (please specify :!: )

You're overthinking this.... you should just try stuff as long if it's not too expensive...

About instruments: You could buy a used guitar, it's usually not that expensive and you can teach yourself a lot.
Drawing: It's just a hobby, so I you have fun doing it, that's fine. You don't have to be Picasso :D I your painting was selected for an exhibition, you must be quite talented.
Sports: Having bad motor skills is more difficult in team sports. You don't have to do team sports, there are other options like e.g. like swimming, riding a bicycle, running, climbing...

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 8:23 pm

You're overthinking this.... you should just try stuff as long if it's not too expensive...

About instruments: You could buy a used guitar, it's usually not that expensive and you can teach yourself a lot.
Drawing: It's just a hobby, so I you have fun doing it, that's fine. You don't have to be Picasso :D I your painting was selected for an exhibition, you must be quite talented.
Sports: Having bad motor skills is more difficult in team sports. You don't have to do team sports, there are other options like e.g. like swimming, riding a bicycle, running, climbing...
_________________________________________________________________________________

yeah i got the same problem. instead of thinking and doing, i waste way too much time thinking. and by the time i am finished thinking, the time has passed, where i could've made a decision.

you could take community college or Adult Education classes. or just join a Meetup at Meetup.com. that way, you waste a minimal amount of energy, time & $$.

you can't measure talent. but, talented or not, if you enjoy painting, then why not?

if you join team sports, with bad motor skills, sometimes teammates will get frustrated or annoyed at you. however, if you just play recreationally, that will be kept to a minimum. besides, not everyone is awesome at sports. physical strength, mental speed, coordination.

nature versus nurture

besides, what if you were great at team sports, then what?

the world contains plenty of great football, basketball, baseball, soccer, players. and not very many of them make it to the pros. of the ones that make it to the pros, a lot of things could suddenly and permanently end their career. such as injury. besides, even among the pros that do not have to end their career prematurely, they still have to retire young anyways.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 8:38 pm

Other, fishkeeping.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 8:56 pm

BettaPonic wrote:
Other, fishkeeping.

only do fishkeeping if you are good at it or if you like it.

your hobby does not have to serve a functional purpose.

but yeah i am that way too.

no job, no job skills, no precious lil "friends". nothing to do all day long. and what do i do? play on the Internet and use the bathroom.

nothing and nobody. minor exaggeration. seems to be worth the Cost Benefit Analysis.

and i am tired all day long. even when enough sleep, drink water, minimal emotioanl stress, etc.

in the best case scenario.

do not wanna know the worst case scenario.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 9:02 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
Other, fishkeeping.

no job, no job skills, no precious lil "friends". nothing to do all day long. and what do i do? play on the Internet and use the bathroom.

nothing and nobody. minor exaggeration. seems to be worth the Cost Benefit Analysis.

and i am tired all day long. even when enough sleep, drink water, minimal emotioanl stress, etc.

I have often struggled with depression, and have found exercise to be essential to getting my biology balanced. When it is working, things seem worth doing.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 9:11 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
Other, fishkeeping.

I have been in the psych ward twice this year for depression. I have kept fish for six years now. I keep Livebearers. I love watching the fry and watching everyone grow up. I love to heavily plant the tanks.
Other hobbies of mine are walking and growing plants indoors.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 9:15 pm

I have often struggled with depression, and have found exercise to be essential to getting my biology balanced. When it is working, things seem worth doing.
__________________________________________________________________________________

yes exercise is necessary. but rest is necessary too.

enough exercise

not too little

not too much

and other forms of relaxation too

Stoic0209
Raven
Raven

28 Jul 2017, 11:32 am

Here's an exercise: Think of the things you enjoy, the experiences in your past. What is the first things that come to mind, and why did you enjoy them?

This might help lead you to an answer. Best of luck!

will@rd
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 1:57 pm

Awkward wrote:
Possible options:

Drawing IS practicing. If it's important to you, you'll do it all the time, anytime you're sitting still and can prop a scrap of paper on something and hold a pencil. The only way anybody becomes good is by doing it, over and over, all the time.

Same with reading. If you loved feeding your brain, you wouldn't be able to stop.

sun.flower
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Jul 2017, 2:09 pm

I will share some of the things I really like to do.

I like to pick up abandoned furniture off the side of the road (usually shelving, bedside tables) and paint them. Sometimes I get 3-d stickers and glitter from the art store and add that too. It's an easy spin on being a fine art painter, and you get the therapy of painting (I love the consistency and choosing pleasing colors). I also painted all my apartment walls colors, and this weekend I am painting rocks. I got a few tubes of oil paint and mix sloppily and slap on rinsed and dried rocks, then line my garden. The purples and blues (along with holographic rainbowy glitter) I put on the rocks really look pretty surrounded by the greenery.

I am a huge fan of media and every Saturday I go the library and get a stack of 5-6 dvds as well as 3 books or so. Free is the best. I like new books (they have a new section) and autobiographies, but also nonfiction is fun. I get series dvds as well as movies so can watch a whole season of Everybody Loves Raymond in a weekend or whatever.

I have taught myself to play acoustic and electric guitars, ukulele, handdrums. I especially like to strum the acoustic and sing (I print lyrics, look up the chords, write chord name where it is strummed above the lyric and search any chords I am unfamiliar with). The hand drum and uke are excellent for being bored in traffic.

There is a small educational farm a few towns over that I like to visit too. It is for little kids but can be fun. It has a green house, llamas, a cow, two horses, goats, sheep, pigs, bunnies, cats, etc. and hiking trails. I go by myself usually but have taken friends and family there and they seemed to like it too. Free.

I also like sewing. I have hand-sewn many headbands, skirts and dresses that don't get much wear but again, really fun to go pick out material and by handsewing it takes a long time so I have a craft to do while sitting in front of the tv for a full day or two. It's incredibly fun and rejuvenating

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2017, 9:21 pm

will@rd wrote:
Awkward wrote:
Possible options:

Drawing IS practicing. If it's important to you, you'll do it all the time, anytime you're sitting still and can prop a scrap of paper on something and hold a pencil. The only way anybody becomes good is by doing it, over and over, all the time.

Same with reading. If you loved feeding your brain, you wouldn't be able to stop.

___________________________________________________________________________________

yeah i love reading. but when i get eye strain, i stop.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2017, 10:21 pm

Refinishing Furniture! :-) One time, a friend of mine got a chest of drawers, and put a lot of work into sanding off all the old finish, and then applying a stain/sealer. She was so disappointed with the results that she just gave it to me. The drawer pulls were half missing, and the cheapest kind of fake French Provincial on a plain chest. They looked as awkward as a dog with one horn. So, I tossed them, and drilled the holes out to about 1/2" ~ 12 mm. Then I poked through short loops of sisal rope, knotted on the inside, which complimented the stain well. A few weeks later, my friend asked where I'd gotten the nice chest. She had to bite her tongue to not demand it back.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 1:06 am

Draw sonic characters, ive been doing it for almost 8 years and it has kept me occupied.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com