Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2017, 6:52 pm

If I calculated mine right I'm at 28% (acceptable)

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2017, 9:21 pm

the nutritionist refused to lemmie use her body fat analysis scale. so i bought my own.

through the scale, and calipers, my body fat measured around 21%.

however, i am trans. so do not know to put it on "male" on "female". so tried both.

likewise i am also chinese. so whatever the number, it is lower than the correct amount.

right now, 34 years old, ftm, 5'3, 106#.

106 sounds low. for a cisgender female to join the army, the minimum is 107. (fine). however, my thighs and stomach contain a lot more fat, than the standard cisgender female or cisgender male. of the same height/weight/age.

but whatever. fat is not a choice or a crime.

muscle cells are not morally superior to fat cells.

when i was younger (13-21), used to be totally obsessed with fat. tried a wide variety of extreme methods to lose weight.

but now that i am 34, it's like whatever. nothing seems to matter. that could be a good thing in some ways. and a bad thing in other ways.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2017, 12:30 am

About 9% currently.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2017, 4:59 am

I thought I would have it like 90% :D I used a couple of online calculators and it varied between 23-25%
I have my fat accumulated in my bum and thighs.

Muziek
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Apr 2017, 1:03 am

Based on the pictures on this site, I have 14-17% body fat, "Fitness" for a guy.

I also took a look at the female pictures. To my taste the 20-26% are the most healthy and attractive for most men. The lower body fat percentages aren't beautiful nor sexy in my opinion.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2017, 2:03 am

Used to be at 4% (due to all of the constant, continuous, all day martial arts training that I once did).
I have not taken any BMI-test for quite a few years now so I am not certain of my current BMI. I am currently forced to study Legalese so that I can sue the s**t out of the entire state for engaging in treasonous activities.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2017, 7:46 am

Ban-Dodger wrote:
Used to be at 4% (due to all of the constant, continuous, all day martial arts training that I once did).
I have not taken any BMI-test for quite a few years now so I am not certain of my current BMI. I am currently forced to study Legalese so that I can sue the s**t out of the entire state for engaging in treasonous activities.

That's like 1-2% from dying. Did you look like this?

http://truth-dealer.com/physiology/fund ... helmut.jpg

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2017, 6:26 pm

I was perfectly healthy, athletic even, all the way to the point of Olympic-level physical-fitness.
You should know what someone will look like if you paid attention to the «all day martial arts» statement.

Closet Genious wrote:
Ban-Dodger wrote:

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2017, 10:08 pm

IDK I am 4'11 and I weigh around 95 pounds usually, so whatever that is.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2017, 11:53 pm

Ban-Dodger wrote:
I was perfectly healthy, athletic even, all the way to the point of Olympic-level physical-fitness.
You should know what someone will look like if you paid attention to the «all day martial arts» statement.

Closet Genious wrote:
Ban-Dodger wrote:

I've never seen a martial artist at 4% body fat, but then again, I don't know much about martial arts. I would argue that being that lean would vastly decrease performance. Veins should pretty much be popping out everywhere, 4% is crazy lean.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2017, 1:57 am

You're thinking more body-building physique via weight-lifting methods. The martial arts I do is based on high-level endurance and constant high-speed movement. Consider the people who perform in the Olympics in acrobatics, gymnastics, etc. Another one is imagine someone who does break-dancing, all day long, each and every single day. A swimmer who swims for the whole entire day. Yes, the veins are visible, but not necessarily «popping out» unless you are intentionally flexing the muscle(s). The ability to pop one's veins out when flexing the muscles is considered to be an indication of being extremely healthy by the way.

Closet Genious wrote:
I've never seen a martial artist at 4% body fat, but then again, I don't know much about martial arts. I would argue that being that lean would vastly decrease performance. Veins should pretty much be popping out everywhere, 4% is crazy lean.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2017, 2:31 am

if the "veins popping out when flexing means healthy" thing is true, then i may have a long ways to go yet.

am quite slender, but have minimal muscle mass and considerable squish potential. "skinnyfat" might be the proper term here.

there was a user here, former cyclist, who claimed to have 0% body fat in his heyday. have not seen him around for some time....

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2017, 5:06 am

Quote:
am quite slender, but have minimal muscle mass and considerable squish potential. "skinnyfat" might be the proper term here.

Skinnyfat haha. My bmi fluctuates between underweight and the lowest end of healthy weight. But I have nearly no muscle mass so this description fits me too.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2017, 5:21 am

Ban-Dodger wrote:
You're thinking more body-building physique via weight-lifting methods. The martial arts I do is based on high-level endurance and constant high-speed movement. Consider the people who perform in the Olympics in acrobatics, gymnastics, etc. Another one is imagine someone who does break-dancing, all day long, each and every single day. A swimmer who swims for the whole entire day. Yes, the veins are visible, but not necessarily «popping out» unless you are intentionally flexing the muscle(s). The ability to pop one's veins out when flexing the muscles is considered to be an indication of being extremely healthy by the way.
Closet Genious wrote:

Bodybuilders will have more muscle mass yes, but 4% is 4%, and at 4% the layer of fat around your body should be paper thin. You can without a doubt get very lean doing martial arts, or any other activity for that matter. I know Conor mcgregor got tested to 7%(even though imo he is probably closer to 8 or 9%). If you really were 4% bodyfat, that's pretty goddamn impressive. :)

btw I am not hating on visible veins, I myself have very visible veins on forearms and legs. Visible veins look awesome imo.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2017, 5:27 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
if the "veins popping out when flexing means healthy" thing is true, then i may have a long ways to go yet.

there was a user here, former cyclist, who claimed to have 0% body fat in his heyday. have not seen him around for some time....

If he had 0% body fat, he would not be posting here because he would be dead. :lol:

The leanest individuals you will find are bodybuilders before competing, and they are at 3-4%.
I think the world record is 2.9%.

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2017, 3:27 pm

22% last time I checked. Used to be 25%.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.