Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 May 2007, 6:16 am

Irulan wrote:
BTW, where can I find a list of ranks of the users of this forum (if such exists)? How many posts does it take to stop to be emu egg?

First Welcome to WrongPlanet. Two more posts you become a "Butterfly", then a humming-bird,
I don't remember the rest of the ranks.

lau
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2007, 8:15 am

Irulan wrote:
lau wrote:
Welcome to WP, Irulan.

Is Irulan a reference to Dune? I only ask, because I did that "I know that name, from somewhere" thing, and had to look it up. I read the books as they came out. Hated the 1984 film. Loved the two more recent mini-series.

Yes, my nick on this forum is taken from Frank Herbert's book although I'm not a fan of "Dune" series. But I like science fiction very much - even my avatar is a reference to s-f; it's Crystalline Entity from TNG. I was looking for an avatar with Data who's my favourite character from TNG but I couldn't find a proper one.
An image from the www.startrek.com page for Data...Image
I would guess it is OK to use as an avatar, as it even allowed the above direct link to there. There's another couple there small enough (140x140 is the limit).
There are some others here that won't allow use via direct links, but the owner of the site seems to be suggesting that you can copy them.
In order to avoid the slight element of confusion that would come from a male avatar, you could use this one of Data with the Borg queen, provided you could see yourself as her (after all, I think Irulan was one of the most complex characters in Dune - doubling up as the Borg queen wouldn't be much of a strain).

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2007, 2:13 pm

lau wrote:

In order to avoid the slight element of confusion that would come from a male avatar

Ok, they will simply have to get used to :D I am not crazy about women, as a rule I don't find the representatives of my own sex equally interesting and valuable as men. It's only a generalisation, each rule has its exceptions after all but I'm probably the one and only individual all over the world who is a female and mysogynist in the same time. Thanks for avatars :D