I only just thought to look for Asperger's forums.

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

SpreadsheetMaster
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Apr 2017, 6:57 pm

I'm 26 and was diagnosed with Asperger's when I was 13. I never thought to look for forums for people with the condition until just now. My life has been a crazy roller coaster since I was 11. I'm relatively social for an Aspie now but still have a lot of room for improvement. So, hello!

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2017, 7:12 pm

Welcome! What part of Seattle are you from?

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

SpreadsheetMaster
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Apr 2017, 6:43 pm

Thanks! Well, I have my city listed as Seattle because I don't want to give the exact town... Suffice to say I'm north of Seattle proper.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2017, 6:50 pm

shalom.

have you been putting conscious effort into building up your social skills? that's cool, merely identifying what one has down and what one has to work on, can go a very long way in itself.

you work with spreasaheets i take it? i...could never get a handle on those.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2017, 6:51 pm

SpreadsheetMaster wrote:
Thanks! Well, I have my city listed as Seattle because I don't want to give the exact town... Suffice to say I'm north of Seattle proper.

Fair enough. I know so little about Seattle and its neighborhoods, you could have told me you lived in Gotham. Hehe.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2017, 3:18 am

Glad to have you among us. Welcome to WP! :D

PhoenixRain
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Apr 2017, 10:51 am

Hi! I'm new to the forum as well. I'm just now beginning the process to get an official diagnosis.

I love spreadsheets as well, so I hope it's okay that I added you as my friend on here. I'm a Data Coordinator, but studying Applied Business Analytics to become a Data Analyst (graduating with my Bachelors in December!). I'm really glad I already found someone on here who seems to enjoy the same things as me.

You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2017, 3:09 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

SpreadsheetMaster
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Apr 2017, 7:28 pm

Sorry, I kinda forgot about this...

Kiprobalhato wrote:
shalom.

have you been putting conscious effort into building up your social skills? that's cool, merely identifying what one has down and what one has to work on, can go a very long way in itself.

you work with spreasaheets i take it? i...could never get a handle on those.

I'm trying to keep active with friends and have a bunch. I go to a writer's group and have an anime group too, and keep up with some high school friends. Right now I'm trying to fix low self-esteem and try online dating, but I need frequent breaks because I get down on myself from it easy.

The spreadsheet thing was kind of a joke. I keep an excel sheet to track my sleep along with factors affecting it after a bout of awful sleep. My writers group dubbed me Spreadsheet Master because of that.

SpreadsheetMaster
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Apr 2017, 7:32 pm

PhoenixRain wrote:
Hi! I'm new to the forum as well. I'm just now beginning the process to get an official diagnosis.

I love spreadsheets as well, so I hope it's okay that I added you as my friend on here. I'm a Data Coordinator, but studying Applied Business Analytics to become a Data Analyst (graduating with my Bachelors in December!). I'm really glad I already found someone on here who seems to enjoy the same things as me.

Again, sorry I forgot about this. :roll: I work as a data analyst evaluating how good Bing matches up search results. I'm good with being friends!

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2017, 10:44 pm

Welcome to the forum. You're an inspiration for me. :) I hope to once again be social one day.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2017, 11:43 pm

SpreadsheetMaster wrote:
I'm trying to keep active with friends and have a bunch. I go to a writer's group and have an anime group too, and keep up with some high school friends. Right now I'm trying to fix low self-esteem and try online dating, but I need frequent breaks because I get down on myself from it easy.

The spreadsheet thing was kind of a joke. I keep an excel sheet to track my sleep along with factors affecting it after a bout of awful sleep. My writers group dubbed me Spreadsheet Master because of that.

got it. how long was this bout of awful sleep, i wonder? however long it may have lasted, it's good to be out of it, because i would not be able to cope with a lack of it, anytime.

it really is terrible, but i would not document it on a spreadsheet myself. usually i use them to make graphs, for things pertaining to my conlanging. :skull:

you are fortunate to have a seemingly healthy social circle. i have mostly my girlfriend and another friend, and when they are both available, it is all i need and all is as it should be. but it hurts deeply to have the relationship with either one of them threatened, so some other acquaintances might not be a bad idea at all.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

SpreadsheetMaster
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Apr 2017, 5:55 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
SpreadsheetMaster wrote:

got it. how long was this bout of awful sleep, i wonder? however long it may have lasted, it's good to be out of it, because i would not be able to cope with a lack of it, anytime.

it really is terrible, but i would not document it on a spreadsheet myself. usually i use them to make graphs, for things pertaining to my conlanging. :skull:

you are fortunate to have a seemingly healthy social circle. i have mostly my girlfriend and another friend, and when they are both available, it is all i need and all is as it should be. but it hurts deeply to have the relationship with either one of them threatened, so some other acquaintances might not be a bad idea at all.

My sleep was very bad for about 6 months. It was always bad, but it was worse then, with a definite cause. Now I've taken up meditation and walking ~10,000 steps a day and it's better than ever. I have graphs for my sleep!

My social circle is probably pretty good for a person with Asperger's but it annoys me that with one exception I have to put 100% of the effort into all of my friendships- they will never initiate contact with me. It makes me wonder how my friends ever talk to each other, or if something is wrong with me that keeps them from liking me enough to message me first.