Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2017, 1:43 pm

MagicKnight wrote:
Britte wrote:
I love I surrender! I can listen to the 1986 - 2011 Anthology album, all day, long, for several weeks, consecutively. Although, I love all of his earlier music, albums, with Japan, and other bits and pieces with David Bowie, Brian Eno, Ryuichi Sacamoto, who is one of my all time favorite composers, and the list goes on. I suppose you could say, that I am obsessed with his music.

I'm a die hard David Bowie and Japan fan (besides The Cure). I am keen of Bowie's pre-eighties work though. On the other hand, I think Japan probably one of the best (if not the best) band of the 1980's. Sylvian + Sakamoto is a brilliant thing. "Forbidden Colours" is an awesome song, that was a great collaboration.

My sentiments are the same as yours^, verbatim. You are the first person I've met apart from my real life friend, Elizabeth, who shares the same taste in music. Do you ever post in any of the other, music threads? Perhaps we could start a thread for the Genre, and sub-genres, although, I wouldnt put David Sylvian, or any of the artists we've thus far, conversed over, into any specific Genre, I supose. Have you heard the new music that Sylvian and Sacamoto have just released? I've only had a chance to listen to two tracks, but I find them exceptional. Please forgive me, if I am too expressive. I do get carried away when it comes to music. Nice conversing with you!

MagicKnight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Apr 2017, 2:54 pm

Britte wrote:
My sentiments are the same as yours^, verbatim. You are the first person I've met apart from my real life friend, Elizabeth, who shares the same taste in music.

Glad to meet you. It's always a pleasure to find someone with things in common.

Britte wrote:
Do you ever post in any of the other, music threads?

I don't choose particular threads, I mean, I post wherever I feel like I have something to add. I may have posted in some music threads, I am not sure.

Britte wrote:
Perhaps we could start a thread for the Genre, and sub-genres

Can't see why not.

Britte wrote:
although, I wouldn't put David Sylvian, or any of the artists we've thus far, conversed over, into any specific Genre, I supose.

Yes, Sylvian is such an unique musician he won't fit specific categories. This sounds a bit cliché I know but it's true. He's a very eclectic artist. I remember there was this thesis a graduate musician wrote on Japan and Sylvian, it must be online somewhere yet. A very good piece of work, I really recommend the read. It covers his work in great depth.

Britte wrote:
Have you heard the new music that Sylvian and Sacamoto have just released? I've only had a chance to listen to two tracks, but I find them exceptional.

I haven't had the pleasure as of yet, unfortunately.

Britte wrote:
Please forgive me, if I am too expressive. I do get carried away when it comes to music. Nice conversing with you!

No problem at all! You're welcome to PM me any time, my pleasure!

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Apr 2017, 12:57 pm

Yes I do but I try to switch it up or else I may end up getting sick of it which I don't want.

I've been listening to mostly soundtracks from animes lately.

06Lafe90
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Apr 2017, 3:27 pm

I've been stuck on Highly Suspect lately. "My Name is Human" speaks to me lol

DericWM
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Apr 2017, 9:41 pm

Recently, I've been listening to this Disco song by Faith, Hope & Charity called To Each His Own. I fell in love with this song the first time I listened to this song. Prior to this song, the song I was listening to on repeat was Hugh Cornwell's Another Kind of Love and Siouxsie and the Banshees' song Peek A Boo.

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2017, 10:31 pm

I do, and I think I have for as long as I've been able to control what I listen to. I just put the song on infinite replay and it NEVER gets old for me. Even years later.

For me right now it's Heavy by Linkin Park. They've been my favorite band since I discovered them 16 years ago. But it can happen with any song I've taken to. I only listened to this song today, no other music.

fselzr
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Jun 2017, 1:09 pm

Listening the same song whole life would be the most boring thing in my life.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 4:32 pm

MagicKnight wrote:
Britte wrote:
My sentiments are the same as yours^, verbatim. You are the first person I've met apart from my real life friend, Elizabeth, who shares the same taste in music.

Glad to meet you. It's always a pleasure to find someone with things in common.

Britte wrote:
Do you ever post in any of the other, music threads?

I don't choose particular threads, I mean, I post wherever I feel like I have something to add. I may have posted in some music threads, I am not sure.

Britte wrote:
Perhaps we could start a thread for the Genre, and sub-genres

Can't see why not.

Britte wrote:
although, I wouldn't put David Sylvian, or any of the artists we've thus far, conversed over, into any specific Genre, I supose.

Yes, Sylvian is such an unique musician he won't fit specific categories. This sounds a bit cliché I know but it's true. He's a very eclectic artist. I remember there was this thesis a graduate musician wrote on Japan and Sylvian, it must be online somewhere yet. A very good piece of work, I really recommend the read. It covers his work in great depth.

Britte wrote:
Have you heard the new music that Sylvian and Sacamoto have just released? I've only had a chance to listen to two tracks, but I find them exceptional.

I haven't had the pleasure as of yet, unfortunately.

Britte wrote:
Please forgive me, if I am too expressive. I do get carried away when it comes to music. Nice conversing with you!

No problem at all! You're welcome to PM me any time, my pleasure!

Hi MagicNight, I neglected to return here, so, I am just, now, viewing your ^post. Thank you for your responses. I regret not seeing this sooner, as I would have been happy for the opportunity to carry on this conversation. If you happen to return, or, you are around, I would be very interested in reading the graduate student's thesis on Japan and Sylvian, if you could point me in the right direction. Was this student at college with you, or, are you a teacher/professor? Hope all is well in your world!
~Thank you, again

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2018, 9:37 pm

I totally do this and I do it everyday.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2018, 4:01 am

I kind of listened to Trick Of The Tail by Genesis like 20 times in a row.
Then I listened to Yesterday by The Beatles like 10, 15, maybe even 20 times in a row.

1stSauce
Toucan
Toucan

06 Jul 2018, 5:53 am

Brooklyn Express - Change Position (88) (Dr Packer Edit)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2018, 12:53 pm

I do this too.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2018, 9:58 pm

I do this, although I tend to do it more with albums than with songs since I've gotten older.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2019, 11:37 pm

Britte wrote:
currently, Genesis - Snowbound

I love Genesis to.

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2019, 7:38 am

Dare we resurrect this thread? The OP asked what song we're currently listening to over and over. Right now mine is Choke by Onerepublic.

Also the last time I posted here, it was Heavy by Linkin Park and Chester Bennington was still alive. I think his death may be one reason for my absence here. :( (followed by jjong 6 months later :cry: )

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2019, 10:43 pm

I'll often listen to the same song over and over for several days at a time just to get it devoted to memory.