Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Prowlsgirl
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Apr 2017, 1:48 pm

Does anybody else listen to the same song/album over and over again?

And if you're doing so now, what is it? :)

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2017, 2:18 pm

I'll admit to having a habit of doing this. Over the past few days, I've been repeatedly listening to an upcoming EP of mine that I finished up last week.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2017, 1:30 am

If it is a song I really like or one that I've just been stuck on for a while I will listen to it over and over a few times. But in general I want to hear so much different music I can't afford to repeat every song I like over and over. Like I started lisening to David Bowies song Starman and started it over half way through because its so freaking good, might even do it again.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2017, 1:36 am

Me. INXS "The One Thing".
In the car, everyday, over and over. Never get tired of it. It's been playing the last two + years. I'm weird. :mrgreen:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Cloudswimmer
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Apr 2017, 8:24 am

Yes yes!
Sometimes the same song for a day, sometimes weeks or months, but definitely like to play one on repeat. Today and yesterday it has been Jamie by Weezer. Not even the most amazing songs, just something in them that feels good to hear over and over and over and over... LoL :D

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 7:20 am

currently, Genesis - Snowbound

RushKing
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 8:29 am

I'm reluctant to listen to the same song a bit too frequently because it will lose it's "magic".

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 8:35 am

The one from https://youtu.be/rCljeHfhhrc?t=18m44s to 22:05
That's my kind of "crank it up!" tune :D
If my sci-fi/fantasy story were to ever be a movie I'd like that for the theme music.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 8:36 am

RushKing wrote:
I'm reluctant to listen to the same song a bit too frequently because it will lose it's "magic".

For me some songs lose their "magic" after a few listenings while others such as "Bohemian Rhapsody" have not lost their magic for decades.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 8:47 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
others such as "Bohemian Rhapsody" have not lost their magic for decades.
Freddie Mercury lose the magic? Not gonna happen. :D

RushKing
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 9:07 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
RushKing wrote:

For me some songs lose their "magic" after a few listenings while others such as "Bohemian Rhapsody" have not lost their magic for decades.

Frequency is key here in my case. Ensiferum's self titled for example; I listened to that a lot over the years, and still love it. Even that album, I just can't loop it. Looping a single track? Theres no way I could do that, it would be ruined.

MagicKnight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Apr 2017, 9:40 am

I was used to listen to the same song or album over and over more often when I was younger. These days not so much but still happens, though to a lesser extent.

By the way this habit really made people very angry at me back in the day but I couldn't help it!

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 2:35 pm

David Sylvian - Blue of Noon

MagicKnight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Apr 2017, 3:20 pm

Britte wrote:
David Sylvian - Blue of Noon

There was a time when I was used to chain-listen to "I Surrender". Non-stop.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 6:24 pm

I love I surrender! I can listen to the 1986 - 2011 Anthology album, all day, long, for several weeks, consecutively. Although, I love all of his earlier music, albums, with Japan, and other bits and pieces with David Bowie, Brian Eno, Ryuichi Sacamoto, who is one of my all time favorite composers, and the list goes on. I suppose you could say, that I am obsessed with his music.

MagicKnight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Apr 2017, 12:57 pm

Britte wrote:
I love I surrender! I can listen to the 1986 - 2011 Anthology album, all day, long, for several weeks, consecutively. Although, I love all of his earlier music, albums, with Japan, and other bits and pieces with David Bowie, Brian Eno, Ryuichi Sacamoto, who is one of my all time favorite composers, and the list goes on. I suppose you could say, that I am obsessed with his music.

I'm a die hard David Bowie and Japan fan (besides The Cure). I am keen of Bowie's pre-eighties work though. On the other hand, I think Japan probably one of the best (if not the best) band of the 1980's. Sylvian + Sakamoto is a brilliant thing. "Forbidden Colours" is an awesome song, that was a great collaboration.