Saying goodbye to WP on my 9th anniversary

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2017, 12:35 am

NOTE: I am NOT going to hurt myself or anything, I am just going to quit posting here.

Well, it's my 9th anniversary of making my WP account, and I think it's about time to call it quits. This board has gone from a very active, lively discussion board for aspies of all ages and functioning levels to pretty much a ghost town where only a couple subforums are somewhat active, and then mostly with teenagers and teenage drama. All of the interesting members left long ago. That dovetails with the broader trend of internet discussion migrating from usenet-type boards to self-centered social media like Facebook and Twitter. Most internet boards have virtually no new posts for a very long time, and I don't know why the server fees are still paid. Alex Plank hardly ever posts here, he pays the server bills but that's it, he's busy with his consulting business in Hollywood. Since I will soon be switching out the Windows 7 hard drive in my laptop for a new drive running Linux Mint, I have decided that it's time to finally say goodbye to WP. So long, and thanks for all the fish! -Pezar

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2017, 1:01 am

Hi (and, goodbye), Pezar. I have Linux Mint installed on one of my laptops, and I am extremely pleased with it. Not much else to say, except your posts have always made a lot of sense to me. Much success and good times to you, ahead...!

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2017, 2:54 am

i'm sure the remaining uninteresting members will thank you for your kind words....

strange, i never imagined this as a teenage dominated website. quite the contrary, i have felt very out of place due to my youth on many occasions.

good luck to you, stranger. :thumleft:

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2017, 3:18 am

Forums are out of favor but as long as they are around I am going to stick with them. The nature of the tool allows more time to think and respond then with social media. Since I am not paying the server bill I actually like that less people are posting. When I first started here in 2013 if I wanted to reply to something but I could not do it for a day I had to often drill down 3 pages of threads to find it. If I wanted reply but had to wait an hour even on the same thread the conversation had changed from the topic I wanted to reply to.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2017, 5:08 am

I'd say I'll miss him, but I have no idea who he is.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2017, 8:07 am

I'm not interesting? Boo Hoo!!

Seriously, I hope things go well in your future.

Keigan
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Apr 2017, 8:49 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I'm not interesting? Boo Hoo!!

Good one!

mebradhen
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Apr 2017, 9:01 am

42 and fair wwell

i've never know anyone like me ,so friendly PM's are always welcome :).

mebradhen
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Apr 2017, 9:05 am

42 and fair well.

i've never know anyone like me ,so friendly PM's are always welcome :).

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2017, 9:27 am

EzraS wrote:

A very Cato-esque statement. :wink:

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2017, 10:14 am

AspieUtah wrote:
EzraS wrote:

A very Cato-esque statement. :wink:

I don't know what that means, but it made me smile anyways.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2017, 10:17 am

Cato was a Roman guy who was famous for being unemotional and unsentimental.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2017, 10:41 am

I guess I'm too old-fashioned to be interesting or maybe not witty enough. :lol:

Best wishes.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2017, 11:17 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Cato was a Roman guy who was famous for being unemotional and unsentimental.

Exactly. He learned to dismiss others by forgiving their insults. Seneca the Younger, a contemporary of Cato, wrote that “Someone who did not know Marcus Cato struck him in the public bath in his ignorance, for who would knowingly have done him an injury? Afterwards when he was apologizing, Cato replied, ‘I do not remember being struck’ (On Anger, II.32)” ( https://howtobeastoic.wordpress.com/201 ... st-quotes/ ). Seneca was referring to a time when Cato believed that “[s]mall difficulties, endured with forbearance and patience, could shape his character” ( https://dailystoic.com/cato/ ).

It was his way of saying, "And, you are...?" :?

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2017, 11:18 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I guess I'm too old-fashioned to be interesting or maybe not witty enough. :lol:

Best wishes.

You are completely lovable and caring, Cockney Rebel. Where would Wrong Planet be without its own Sgt. Schultz? Don't ever change or leave us.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2017, 3:06 pm

Best of luck!