Brenda Jones of Jones Girls dies after being hit by cars

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2017, 12:17 pm

Singer Brenda Jones, of the R&B Group The Jones Girls, Has Passed Away "My sister was my life, she was probably one of the sweetest people you'd ever want to meet" - Shirley Jone

Quote:
According to her sister, Shirley Jones, the singer was struck on Monday, April 3, by several cars while attempting to cross the street while visiting her daughter in Wilmington, Delaware. Police are still investigating the incident

Consisting of sisters Shirley, Brenda and Valorie, The Jones Girls served as backup singers for soul acts like Aretha Franklin, Lou Rawls, and Diana Ross before striking out on their own. The group’s self-titled 1979 debut album landed in the top 10 on Billboard’s R&B charts, resulting in the hit “You Gonna Make Me Love Somebody Else” and its B-side, “Who Can I Run To,” which was covered by Xscape in 1995.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman