Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2017, 3:59 am

Litterally people defending peices of sh*t who would coerce desperate poor people into having sex with them for basic needs like shelter. Like what in the f*ck, in what world is this appropriate...do you guys here think that's all good and dandy and am I the only weird one out who finds this sick? Like wtf? I thought people were better than defending peices of s**t that would literally take advantage of people in desperate situations for sex? i was on facebook and figured the comments would be disgusted comments about this practice, but seemed more people defending it than criticizing it.

Just waiting for the right winger brigade here to defend this as a great option for the poor or some crap, I mean does at least this strike any disgusted feelings in you usual politics and religion posters or no...am I just being an overreactive SJW?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2017, 4:11 am

I'm disgusted by this practice.

My wife could have been a victim of this when she first came to the US.

Fortunately, she found ethical employers.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2017, 4:12 am

The 'Red Cross' organization offers poor people money for their blood.

Is that "disgusting" too?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2017, 4:39 am

LoveNotHate wrote:

I don't think so, blood can be used to save lives...coerced sex doesn't save anyone.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2017, 4:40 am

Are we talking about any and all possible forms of legalized prostitution here, or did someone defend sexual slavery when I wasn't looking?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2017, 5:00 am

Sounds like blatant exloitation to me.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2017, 5:08 am

It's low, but if it puts the person on the street in a better position than there were otherwise, then isn't it a good thing? I'd need to know the particulars of it, but if it's actually a good deal for both parties...

Society is the bigger problem that someone is put into a situation where accepting such a deal is seen as a viable choice for them. Society should be providing such basic needs in the first place so that it could never happen in the first place.

yelekam
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2017, 6:58 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
Are we talking about any and all possible forms of legalized prostitution here, or did someone defend sexual slavery when I wasn't looking?

regardless, both are degrading, inhumane, and exploitive practices which should not be tolerated, and the pathetic figures who seek to treat other people as commodities deserve to be prohibited and punished for their transgressions.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2017, 8:22 am

yelekam wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:

regardless, both are degrading, inhumane, and exploitive practices which should not be tolerated, and the pathetic figures who seek to treat other people as commodities deserve to be prohibited and punished for their transgressions.

If someone wants to be a prostitute, in my opinion that is there choice. I do agree we should get rid of pimps.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

13 Apr 2017, 8:36 am

What is the context of this?

Scorpius14
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2017, 8:51 am

I thought this was already commonplace, men acting as sugar daddies paying their rent etc for company or something more intimate, your mind goes into a whole new place when desperation takes hold, so accommodation for sex will be a common currency for comfortable living, though it is more rare for men to take other men into their household or women to take men into theirs.

If it were me in this instance, oral sex is a no-go, and anything that could cause obvious bodily harm, I would just turn the other way.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2017, 10:14 am

LoveNotHate wrote:

People don't get beat up giving blood or risk catching an STD.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2017, 10:29 am

Misslizard wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

If potential detrimental effects matter, then what about poor people selling their "bone marrow"?

"Bone marrow can be sold for $3000"
https://www.theatlantic.com/national/ar ... 00/334788/

"complications that can occur include air trapped between your lungs and your chest wall (pneumothorax), bleeding, and infection".
http://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedu ... c-20020055

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2017, 10:48 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

If potential detrimental effects matter, then what about poor people selling their "bone marrow"?

"Bone marrow can be sold for $3000"
https://www.theatlantic.com/national/ar ... 00/334788/

"complications that can occur include air trapped between your lungs and your chest wall (pneumothorax), bleeding, and infection".
http://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedu ... c-20020055

Still safer than being a pro.I doubt anyone gets paid $3,000 for a roll in the hay.And like Sweelleaf mentioned,it's a procedure that might save a life.No one ever died from not having sex.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violenc ... rostitutes

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2017, 11:11 am

I don't agree with it and yes humans really are f*****g disgusting but I'm not gonna get all defensive and butthurt about it because this s**t happens so often, I'd be a wreck if I let s**t like that bother me constantly like what can you even do about it? I mean I guess if you see it you could always butt in and put some proper perspective into the weak and vulnerable but even then you're taking a risk of them in denial and flipping out at you.

The only thing anyone can really do is just raise awareness about it, raise awareness about extortion, manipulation etc.

This kinda thing even happens on the 'norm' like, you get Thai brides, women looking for a rich dude to get a better life and out of a really bad country in return of regular sex/fake affection. Life shouldn't have to be this way but eh, capitalism ruins everything and we won't live long enough to see a better change in society. Try to not let it get to you so much eventhough it's horrible.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2017, 11:34 am

Jacoby wrote:
What is the context of this?

Exactly!! There's no article----no details----no example----I don't get it.....