Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

AndrewBatman82
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Apr 2017, 2:40 pm

is anybody a fans of the Assassin's Creed series? well im a huge fan and i will tell why. i just like the history structure of the games because i like history. till this day my favorite character was Ezio. post anything about the series and have you watch the movie? to me it was pretty good

snollygoster
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 May 2017, 2:25 pm

I also love history. If the plots of the games were solely focused on assassins in historical contexts I would have had an easier time following the series, but I kind of left the series halfway through AC2 due to stuff happening in my life at the time.
I wish I had stayed, because the third game looked awesome! I love the revolutionary period!
And have you seen any of the cosplays people will do on YouTube? They will dress as assassins or Templars and do parkour throughout large cities. It's awesome. 8)

Transyl
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2017, 2:06 am

The next game could have serious potential with the rumors that it takes place in Egypt and has naval combat again. If done right it'd easily be my favorite of the series.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2017, 7:53 am

I like the story and the gameplay, mainly, although there are some points that are great annoyances to me.
mainly, there is the detection; if someone sees me drawing the blade on him on a stealth mission, i fail; even if half a second later the guy is dead and noone else saw me.

secondly, there is the fact that the controls aren't changed for PC; there is no reason that "run", "freerun" and "climb" has to be the same button; if i'm running away from a guard, i obviously don't want to try and climb every cart and barrel

AndrewBatman82

20 May 2017, 3:13 pm

Transyl wrote:
The next game could have serious potential with the rumors that it takes place in Egypt and has naval combat again. If done right it'd easily be my favorite of the series.

yes their calling it Assassin's Creed: Origins and they have been some leaks from the game

ThisAdamGuy
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 6:04 pm

I liked the first one, but they lost me in the middle of the second one. Why couldn't it just be a story about ancient assassins fighting the templars? Why throw in all this nonsense about the dna memories, aliens, and supernatural powers? That's what turned me off. Well, that and the wonky free running kept making me jump off buildings and kill myself.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 12:53 am

ThisAdamGuy wrote:
Why throw in all this nonsense about the dna memories, aliens, and supernatural powers?

Those things already existed in the first game, they were just expanded upon as the series grew.

DNA Memories existed in the very first game, where you , a regular guy, uses the Animus machine to live your ancestors memories. This is what Assassins' Creed is and what it always was.

Supernatural powers?

You also have supernatural powers in the first one, namely Eagle Vision.

I'm assuming you're talking about pieces of eden, special devices that give the wielder supernatural abilities?

Those also existed in the first game as well, and you get it after killing the main boss of the game I think.

So, sorry, but I'm not sre what you're talking about.

Also, a big bulk of Assassin's Creed 3, 4, Rogue, and the latest one Syndicate really are mainly just about the Assassin vs. Templar war and only mention those things iin passing

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2017, 6:31 pm

AndrewBatman82 wrote:
Transyl wrote:

yes their calling it Assassin's Creed: Origins and they have been some leaks from the game

Turn out it's in Ptolemaic Egypt during the reign of Cleopatra; by then the Great Pyramid of Giza had already gone through most of it's so-far time, to put things in perspectives.

AndrewBatman82

13 Jun 2017, 5:11 am

i saw the E3 gameplay trailer man im so pumped!! !

OutsideView
Veteran
Veteran

Location: England ^not male but apparently you can't change it

04 Oct 2017, 5:41 am

I absolutely loved the first Assassin's Creed. I'm the sort of person who gets a bit obsessed with completing everything in the game and I refuse to play online so unfortunately the later games were ruined for me. I thought AC2 was great but was put off by the fact that you have to have internet connection to access the DLC. I've played and enjoyed Brotherhood and Revelations but they won't ever be among my favourite games. Might give the others a go if my husband insists on buying them.

This would easily be one of my all time favourite game series if they had never added any online stuff :thumbdown:

JaredGTALover
Toucan
Toucan

04 Oct 2017, 12:53 pm

when i'm done with the Ezio Trilogy,i"m coming for The Americas Collection & Rogue :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

Keladry
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2017, 9:28 pm

I've wanted to start playing Assassin's Creed but want to start at the beginning and work my way through the series...but there's so many of them I'm kind of confused as to the order they came out. Can someone share what is the order of the game titles? Or recommend a place to begin?

Mr_Miner
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Oct 2017, 1:21 am

Keladry wrote:
I've wanted to start playing Assassin's Creed but want to start at the beginning and work my way through the series...but there's so many of them I'm kind of confused as to the order they came out. Can someone share what is the order of the game titles? Or recommend a place to begin?

The backstory is not really that important. I don't think they really want to do much with it or else it gets hard to put out games each year until the end of time. It's also a bit confusing. Maybe I don't pay attention and I have not played any of them in a while but I don't recall the back story every progressing in any game. I don't think it matters what order you play them.

I would start with the Ezio collection you get a few games for cheap and they are the best ones in my opinion.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2017, 7:04 am

AC3 ended my interest in the series. The "goose chasing" got too tiresome. One of the few games I've never finished in spite of my normal compulsion to do "everything" in the games I buy.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 4:30 am

Never played, but I watched Youtube walkthrough videos.

LazerHoots
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Nov 2017, 9:05 pm

Have any of you played AC: Origins? Would any of you say it is worth the $60 price tag? I would like to know before buying it for myself. Thanks in advance.