Page 1 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

zzzsmokeyzzz
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Apr 2017, 4:01 pm

My son wanted me to ask everyone. He says he loves Minecraft :heart: the most.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 5:12 am

I don't have a single favorite game on the PC, but if I wanted to list off some of my favorite titles, the following would come to mind (these are in no particular order):

DOOM
Unreal
Trine
Ori and the Blind Forest
Bioshock

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 8:17 am

Thief II: The Metal Age

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 10:28 am

I've got very much into the world of Classic Doom recently, especially the wads and mods scene, and have played at least a dozen this year, including a few megawads. Brutal Doom and Project MSX are pretty amazing.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2017, 4:32 am

DeepHour wrote:
I've got very much into the world of Classic Doom recently, especially the wads and mods scene, and have played at least a dozen this year, including a few megawads. Brutal Doom and Project MSX are pretty amazing.

That's cool to hear! :D I've been playing Doom for about a decade myself, including a metric ton of wads. That's one of the reasons I love the game so much - the community keeps it alive by creating awesome custom content for it, and almost 24 years later, it's still not showing any signs of dying out. Welcome to the dark side. :P

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2017, 8:15 am

Heroes of Might and Magic 3

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

noumenon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Apr 2017, 5:46 am

Rocket League. Good for if you need something to waste a few minutes or even a few hours.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2017, 6:12 am

I would have a hard time picking one single favorite.

But here's the ones that really stand out for me:

Minecraft
Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+
AI War
Dodonpachi Resurrection
Unexplored
Dungeon of the Endless
20XX

PatrickJane
Raven
Raven

22 Apr 2017, 5:42 am

Hitman: Blood Money first popped into my mind.

Floratro
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 Jul 2017, 3:08 pm

I have a few favourites:
- Terraria: This game offers practically endless possibilities and challenges. I will never get tired of it.
- Epic Battle Fantasy IV: One of my favourite RPGs; it is quite rewarding and humorous, and its difficulty levels and challenging achievements give it lots of replay value.
- Spore: A game that I will probably never forget for its atmosphere that is filled with wonder and the freedom it gives the player. The Galactic Adventures expansion pack makes it even better by introducing yet another way to express your creativity.
- Undertale: It definitely has some unique features, lovable characters and most importantly, an interesting and touching story, even though it does not have a lot of replay value.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 4:22 pm

Warcraft 3.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 4:27 pm

Just one? That's really hard. I'd have to say Dark Souls. Even though the PC version is a terrible port (but is improved by mods). I love the combat and the world and level design. If I had to choose something more specifically designed for PC though, it'd be Civilisation V. I suspect Civilisation VI will be my favourite further in the future, but Civilisation V today, with all its expansion content is a fantastic strategy game that's accessible and deep, fun in both singleplayer and multiplayer.

I have played a ton of Minecraft back pre-release, but moved on by the time it came out of early access. It's a great game. If your son is looking for similar games, there's certainly no shortage of them, but I would recommend Empyrion: Galactic Survival. It's currently in early access and still being developed, but it has many of the things that appealed to me in Minecraft: exploration and creativity. I would also recommend Subnautica, which focuses less on the building aspect and more on the exploration and survival aspect.

guitarman2010
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2017, 9:55 pm

Duke Nukem 3d

UnturnedStone
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jul 2017, 12:26 am

My favorite has to be Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn

guitarman2010 wrote:
Duke Nukem 3d

I spent many hours making Duke Nukem 3d maps! I still have a soft spot for Duke. I played pretty much every game he was in, he was everything I hated, he was totally arrogant, but it somehow always drew me in.

I also remember in Duke 3D with the parental settings on, that if you knew where the... girls... were you could still "dance" with then and they would re-appear before vanishing again at the end of the animation.

AngryAngryAngry
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Jul 2017, 5:05 am

Spent over 10 years playing Diablo 2... you could say it was my special interest.
A 3 week holiday from work was spent exclusively playing the game.
Sometimes I would get as little as 4 hours sleep, or just play straight for 36 hours.
Othertimes I would do cow runs while nodding off, but I had defensive armour and a powerful merc.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 7:37 am

I don't know what the *best* PC game I've ever played would be, but Borderlands 2 would be pretty high up there.