Page 4 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2021, 12:25 am

Dylanperr wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
Minecraft but if I had to go for a favourite game franchise it would be Resident Evil or Grand Theft Auto.

My favourite genre of games are sandbox, survival, and simulation games. I love Anno, Sims, and games like those as well.

Or anything with world building, open world, or survival aspects.

Last edited by Dylanperr on 09 Oct 2021, 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2021, 12:28 am

I don't really have any..my mom was a video game nazi so, I did not get to play the games growing up. I am instead a 31 year old noob at games because I was never really allowed to get into video games in my younger days. But I mostly play console single player RPG type games.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2021, 12:37 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
I don't really have any..my mom was a video game nazi so, I did not get to play the games growing up. I am instead a 31 year old noob at games because I was never really allowed to get into video games in my younger days. But I mostly play console single player RPG type games.

Sorry to hear that, I wonder why you weren't allowed to play video games if you don't mind me asking. Single players rpgs are good games.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2021, 1:35 am

Dylanperr wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Sorry to hear that, I wonder why you weren't allowed to play video games if you don't mind me asking. Single players rpgs are good games.

Because my mom was crazy..and didn't like the idea of video games and such, there is not a logical reason..so sorry if that is waht you were suspecting, it was just crazy mom not letting her kids play video games. so thus I missed out on a lot of the video game experiences my peers experienced and sure nw I can play wahteer game I want but for sure it is probably not the same as having grown up playing those games...I am still a noob to most gamex as I did not get to really play and expereience games very often growing up.

Laeril
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Oct 2021, 8:19 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Because my mom was crazy..and didn't like the idea of video games and such, there is not a logical reason..so sorry if that is waht you were suspecting, it was just crazy mom not letting her kids play video games. so thus I missed out on a lot of the video game experiences my peers experienced and sure nw I can play wahteer game I want but for sure it is probably not the same as having grown up playing those games...I am still a noob to most gamex as I did not get to really play and expereience games very often growing up.

My parents were okay with educational and Barbie PC games during my childhood. I played Super Mario Bros on the NES maybe a few times before Dad got rid of the console so he wouldn't spend all day on it (he was the stay-at-home parent). Next console was the PS2 and we only played arcade stuff (Pac-Man, Dig-Dug, etc...) and NCAA Football 2003 before I discovered Kingdom Hearts.

Back to the PC, I remember playing some CIV II on my friend's dad's machine after seeing him play a bit (no Gandhi nuking as I recall). Didn't get into MMORPG's until late into the first decade in the century, and I jumped on LOTRO when it went to its freemium model. Still my fave MMORPG. CIV VI is my current fave non-RPG PC game. Still no nukes from Gandhi, though.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2021, 2:33 am

It's weird looking at what I sink hours into vs what I think of as my favorite games, I think I have 1,500 hours into Payday 2 and 1,100 into Grim Dawn, and I wouldn't describe either as a favorite game, though I obviously did like them a lot. In recent years, Disco Elysium was a stand out as a PC game that later got a console port, probably the funniest game I've played in years in addition to being the most creative, or Stardew Valley, a spiritual sequel to the the Harvest Moon games I played on SNES as a teen. I do play a lot of shooters and RPGs, but aside from certain CRPGs I don't consider those PC specific, even if that's the platform I play them on. I will argue that shooters are better on a PC due to the mouse and keyboard controls, but that's really a matter of taste and what you grew up with, even if they're objectively faster and more precise and a controller.

meatball4u
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Oct 2021, 9:07 pm

Star Citizen. And yes, it will release.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2021, 1:06 pm

Minecraft, Anno, and Fallout. I also love Resident Evil and Wolfenstein looks pretty cool. I occasionally play some GTA here and there.

I like RPGs, Simulators, and Sandboxes the best out of any game genre or any game with open world, world building, and survival horror elements.

Owaain
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Nov 2021, 1:42 am

Probably Minecraft. I also played some Among Us with friend, but despite the fun time, it's not eaven half as how much I play to minecraft with them.

I also play a lot of Fire Emblem through emulation and Advance War By Web but the former is not originally for PC and eaven if whe can ague that the second is for PC, I still don't like it as much as Minecraft

Fixxer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2021, 6:42 pm

I always liked the original Age of Empires. I just wish it was remade with the scrolling the way it is now. (in AOE, you had to get the pointer in the corner of the screen for it to move around... or click on the mini-map below). I heard that AOE 4 has been released.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2022, 11:45 pm

Minecraft, Fallout, and Civilization. I mostly like RPG, Strategy, and Sandbox games and I also really like some shooter games such as DOOM, Resident Evil, and Sniper Elite as well. I like simulation games such as Flight Simulator 2020 to.

munstead
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2022, 6:18 am

Master of Magic, X-Com 2, Skyrim, Baldur's Gate series.

I did love playing one of the Castle Wolfenstein games back in the day, also Command & Conquer and Red Alert.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2022, 10:43 am

rFactor

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2022, 8:29 am

Deus Ex or Fallout

Hard to choose between those two.

And So It Goes
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2022, 1:44 pm

I like a lot of RTS, Racing and Puzzle-Solving games.

I'm often attracted to games of either bigger or lower budget that don't inundate you with cutscenes and hold your hand for the entire playthrough.

Of all time, Total Annihilation or Worms: Reloaded.

Currently, am not sure. Lots to choose from.

"And I've embraced the calamity, with a detachment and a passive disinterest."

"I hear voices...But I ignore them and just carry on killing."

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 9:22 am

I was attracted to some story games without translation, but the language barrier was between us.

As far as the games I play, Crusader Kings is my first pick.
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous has done the best in the teaching of CRPG, and has a relatively excellent plot in similar games.
Baldur's Gate 3 is full of potential, but it's not finished yet.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.